Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the options are something manufactured on cheap 3rd world labor vs buying locally, I try and buy local often as is feasible. It's easier to say than do.

But when we are talking about something manufactured in a country with stronger labor laws than the US and stronger currency resulting in more expensive labor, if the product is still cheaper, that's American businesses not being competitive, and that's not my problem to solve.

Rationalization and justification not taking the full picture in but it SOUNDS good.

There are MANY drysuit manufacturers in North America, US and Canada, that cover a very wide spectrum of price points. American based manufacturers are very competitive especially for somebody living in North America. Stating otherwise is simply an emotional statement to rationalize and justify not so wise decisions during these most difficult times for local economies. Of course the Queen and her pretty subjects will be using their tax income to pay for your vaccines and other critical infrastructure in America and their "stronger labor laws" will bail you out when you are falling.

Rationalization and justification not taking the full picture in but it SOUNDS good.

There are MANY drysuit manufacturers in North America, US and Canada, that cover a very wide spectrum of price points. American based manufacturers are very competitive especially for somebody living in North America. Stating otherwise is simply an emotional statement to rationalize and justify not so wise decisions during these most difficult times for local economies. Of course the Queen and her pretty subjects will be using their tax income to pay for your vaccines and other critical infrastructure in America and their "stronger labor laws" will bail you out when you are falling.
can you link me to a North American drysuit manufacturer that is competitive with Seaskin?

I would also like to know of even a single US-based drysuit manufacturer that is competitive with Seaskin.

Seriously! That would be awesome!

I only could think of USIA. They are ok suits. Double the price of Sea Skin for slightly lower quality. All my opinion, of course.

I only could think of USIA. They are ok suits. Double the price of Sea Skin for slightly lower quality. All my opinion, of course.

Exactly. I was thinking they are probably the closest, but still, in my opinion, are not actually competitive with Seaskin.

Exactly. I was thinking they are probably the closest, but still, in my opinion, are not actually competitive with Seaskin.
IMHO-it's not even close. If someone knows a different US manufacturer that is closer match - I'd love to know too.

People around here love their DUI suits, which are made in San Diego, California. And which run about $3k at the local dive shop, who strongly recommend that you also go for the $400 package where they tailor an off-the-shelf suit.

Competitive? I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. In the end I went with SeaSkin, and am happy as a clam (largely informed by this thread, by the way. Thanks to everyone here, especially Stuart).

3rd dive on my seaskin today and I ripped a wrist seal when I took it off. I thought silicon was going to be better than my previous latex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom