What happened to the Aqualung Kronos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeltaWardog

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Kronos for my primary, bought way back in 2008, and I really like it. I was thinking today about looking around for another one to upgrade my octo, and found that they pretty much don't exist anymore except for the occasional classified. As far as I can tell they haven't been sold for at least 6 or 7 years.

Is there something wrong with it? Did people not like it and it didn't sell? Was it too expensive? Has some new technology come out that everyone is flocking to? I would have though the side exhaust would be popular. It breathes very well for me. I'm just surprised to see it gone.

The last time the Kronos showed up in the AL Catalogs was 2011.
Sorry, but I couldn't tell you why AL cancelled the Kronos.
I could only think that the sales numbers might not have been as good as expected, but also that AL wanted to streamline the components, the Kronos had quite some particular parts which might have not fit in the product line because they might have produced extra costs.
Just my guess.......
I liked the Kronos too (never dived one, but had a couple on my workbench).

They returned from whence they came to where all unique things that people don't understand go

full.jpg

My homemade Ronos regs with the right exhaust blocked to help the mask mounted poorerlens be less rubbish

They returned from whence they came to where all unique things that people don't understand go

View attachment 666589

My homemade Ronos regs with the right exhaust blocked to help the mask mounted poorerlens be less rubbish
Ok, that’s too funny! You’ve outdone yourself this time, absolute genius!!

Erikl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom