Empty Fills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a long term training on my LDS on filling a tank. I take the tank pressure before I hit the the water because, as I told the owner, I know the tank pressure will shrink like my testicles when I hit the water, but it should be close to the service pressure when I get to the dive site. After letting him know about the short fills every time, I got good fills every time, I don't know what others got. I did admit I got good fills from him every time, but his tank monkeys needed training.

Not empty fills, but short of a fill, both 12.2L steels analyzed at 37% EAN, one was 150 bar the other 180 bar, fixed before the dive [Thursday this week].
And still 37% , tested again.

Another one that has happened to me is the compressor operator has put yoke inserts in my pro valves ( I use DIN regs) and left them in. Luckily I was shore diving and had some tools in my dive tub.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom