1/2 NGT 14 Solutions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt Decker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Besides the $100 XS Scuba valve, any other solutions to replacing 1/2 NGT 14 valves? I have two ancient steel 72s that are in really great shape except for the old pillar-style valves that are no bueno. I briefly toyed with the idea of trying NPT, but understand the extra threads on the NGT are there for a reason. Anyone find a good solution, or do you just pay up for the XS or turn the tanks into windchimes?

What's wrong with the original valves that can't be resolved.

You can probably fix the existing valve. They mostly take standard parts. The burst disk assembly should be replaced with a modern one with three outlet holes, see my thread on A&I from a few years ago for reasons.

Otherwise, I have an extra 1/2" ngt valve right here that I would like to get rid of. Make offer. Comes with a modern 3750 PSI burst disk. The valve was overhauled several years ago.

These aren't that hard to find. You should only have to spend $$$ for the xs scuba one if you want DIN.

Also, for clarity, there really aren't any 1/2" NPT cylinder valves with scuba outlets that weren't built with the NGT thread specification in mind.

9li8Woyc5mgBtTzA_szRo7XkTPXmc_Ocrz-96UNJGwAO3VGIqSVfDRfnFQ16S6mu2HI-AB6=w996-h1327-no?authuser=1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom