The Great Helium Hunt of 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you wanted to drive 6 hours out of the way and be attacked by a ferocious Hippopotamus, I could offer this.

upload_2021-6-17_23-38-3.png

I love Hippy! :D

Actually something like 11 hours round trip. Depending on when next class day is, I might do that.

You can water down the trimix to something lesser? How long does that take?

Just a quick input in my mixing app:
18/45 to 2,400psi
32% to 3,700psi

Gives 22.9/29.2

Trimix Tools for iOS is a great mixing app, as it supports banked mixes, and even blending with two different banked gases. Too many blending apps just support PPB from oxygen and helium with an air top off.

I love Hippy! :D

Actually something like 11 hours round trip. Depending on when next class day is, I might do that.

You can water down the trimix to something lesser? How long does that take?

That is just what I have banked. I have lots of helium on hand for blending anything. If you aren't picky that it is dead on 20/20, I can blend while you wait and it will be close.

11 hours? How far past Chicago are you? I can hit the burbs in 3 hours and be downtown in 4?

That is just what I have banked. I have lots of helium on hand for blending anything. If you aren't picky that it is dead on 20/20, I can blend while you wait and it will be close.

11 hours? How far past Chicago are you? I can hit the burbs in 3 hours and be downtown in 4?

NW suburbs. I tend to stop a lot to stretch my legs. Getting out of IL on Friday nights has been a major PITA recently. I miss the covid lack of traffic. You must drive like a bat out of hell. As long as the mix is close, that works. I’m sure the mix will be different for deeper dives.

Just a quick input in my mixing app:
18/45 to 2,400psi
32% to 3,700psi

Gives 22.9/29.2

Trimix Tools for iOS is a great mixing app, as it supports banked mixes, and even blending with two different banked gases. Too many blending apps just support PPB from oxygen and helium with an air top off.

Well now I have added another app to my phone...

I have "CCR Mixer" for android. I believe it's no longer supported in the play store but math is math, pretty good app.

I'm super new to blending, but after seeing all these crazy prices on He it makes sense to start now.

I have "CCR Mixer" for android. I believe it's no longer supported in the play store but math is math, pretty good app.

I'm super new to blending, but after seeing all these crazy prices on He it makes sense to start now.
That's a really good and easy to use app. Multideco has mixing tools that work too, I find CCR Mixer simpler.

Yea Marie I think you've been robbed on a few counts.

Yea Marie I think you've been robbed on a few counts.

These are standard prices on this side of the Great Lakes. The only ones with lower prices are the ones who locked in a multiple year contract, such as Wazee Sports, very near the deep site for training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom