Nitrox for shallow water artifact diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I doubt the 30 seconds I spent at that extra two feet of depth changed my situation, but if you've put a hard line at 33 feet, then ok.

No exercise during the surface interval.

That was tongue in cheek, your situation is unusual however, if I had a dollar for every time I did dives like you had issues with I'd be living by the ocean! I really do hope you get a resolution.

Oooh. I thought that too...

Now about my dive yesterday. On a boat in the English Channel diving on a small wreck (Frogner) with a mere 6 people on the boat (hich takes 12, so loads of space. Opposite me are a couple diving mixed systems (him a Kiss, her a twinset/doubles). Dangling in front of me was a roll of gaffa tape (duct tape?) where she'd written her dive plan with a reserve plan. She tore off the tape and stuck it to her drysuit. Without blinking she told me there was a backup on her wetnotes.

She likes to dive like that and that's so nice to see someone sticking to the tried and trusted method. Also she pointed out that the Suunto Gecko was in gauge mode and she didn't have an expensive dive computer. Great answer.

But like dragging rock over plastic to get music; was fine some time ago, but I'll stick with my 8-track iPhone. Much easier to look at the dive time and TTS and leave the computers to work out the deco plan.

Same thing I do when I do deep dives, even though I carry 2 PDCs with me.

Never had any instruction on tables? That's OK. Nobody uses them much anymore.

Oh, dear Boulderjohn, that is SO true and SO untrue.

Well, you do know this poop, and I know why you placed your words that way. Almost nobody... except for... somebody.

I am quite sure that no recreational divers plan their dives (using either tables or computers),
but when I am about to perform a simple overhead dive, with no possibility to resurface mid-dive,
I DO PLAN my dives using tables (or MultiDeco, I 100% love that, I paid for it, and I am happy).

Tables let us plan things on site without using computers. Tables are a wonderfull thing!

Oh, dear Boulderjohn, that is SO true and SO untrue.

I am quite sure that no recreational divers plan their dives (using either tables or computers),
but when I am about to perform an overahead dive, with no possibility to resurface mid-dive,
I DO PLAN my dives using tables (or MultiDeco, I 100% love that, paid for it, and happy).
Tables let us plan things.
You do realize, don't you, that the topic of this discussion was very shallow, recreational, non-technical, non-cave dives?

You do realize, don't you, that the tables we are talking about are the standard ones usually found on a single laminated card, not a complex one using computer software?

You do realize, don;t you, that the topic of this discussion was very shallow, recreational, non-technical, non-cave dives?

Oh, you are right! My bad.
Sometimes I only look at the letters, omitting the sentence.

(edited: ps. I wrote that you know this **** and I also explained that various scenarios do exist. Discussions do evolve.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom