Drysuit issues in my shoulder all of a sudden

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My dry suit was easy to put on last year. I haven’t gained any weight lol and I cannot get my right arm in. If I get help it fits fine but it’s a lot of work to get on. Do you guys know if this can be sent in to expand that area? It’s a fourth element

Talc the shoulders? Makes a huge difference, I've been told.

Talc the shoulders? Makes a huge difference, I've been told.

That works for seals pretty good, never heard of it helping getting the suit over a shoulder. No idea why it’s all of a sudden an issue.

It may just be a lack of practice, or forgotten muscle memory of that perfect way to contort your arm to slide easily into your suit. After a 2 year diving hiatus (family, health, covid) I tried my drysuit on while home alone.
I'll admit I had a few stressful moments (both donning and doffing) where I thought I'd have to live out my days half-in and half-out of my drysuit :)

A couple more goes and I "remembered" how to get in and out of it more easily.

It may just be a lack of practice, or forgotten muscle memory of that perfect way to contort your arm to slide easily into your suit. After a 2 year diving hiatus (family, health, covid) I tried my drysuit on while home alone.
I'll admit I had a few stressful moments (both donning and doffing) where I thought I'd have to live out my days half-in and half-out of my drysuit :)

maybe lol. I played with it tonight amd same issues. Have almost 100 dives In This suit. Maybe the ****** quarry shrunk it lol

You and me both hahahaha. I'm preparing for a trip end of July in cold water and started to get my stuff sorted. I got kind off stuck in my suit trying to get out of it when I was being clever and only donned to top part of a diagonal front zip suit. I actually ended up tearing the silicone cuff seal on the left and provided hours of comical relieve to my wife and daughter. the latter was attempting to assist only to get yanked across the room when I pulled back on the sleeve to get my arm out. In hind site it was funny actually, except for the tension and pain in my left trapezius muscle.

That works for seals pretty good, never heard of it helping getting the suit over a shoulder. No idea why it’s all of a sudden an issue.

Not saying you have to buy from them (silly for a little bag), but Seaskin makes a handle little talc bag that you rub all over the inside of a suit. I do it every other dive or so it helps slide in and out a lot. I just "ping pong" it all around the inside of the suit and on the outside of my undergarments. The idea is to look like Tony Montana.... ask your fellow divers if they want a bump:)

Seaskin Talc Duster Bag - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits

Not saying you have to buy from them (silly for a little bag), but Seaskin makes a handle little talc bag that you rub all over the inside of a suit. I do it every other dive or so it helps slide in and out a lot. I just "ping pong" it all around the inside of the suit and on the outside of my undergarments. The idea is to look like Tony Montana.... ask your fellow divers if they want a bump:)

Seaskin Talc Duster Bag - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits

Thank you! I'll give that a shot

I have to remind myself which drysuit I'm diving and remember which arm goes in first. Both are diagonal zip but one comes from the right and the other the left. High side first or the suit is a pain to get on.

So the issue in my under garments. For some reason when I put my under garments on, it twist my right arm almost to my back making it impossible to get on. I dove my drysuit without them all weekend. Only thing I can think of, is I washed them lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom