Faber LP 45?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I may have made a bad impulse buy, should have waited and bought new. How bad did I mess up?

Recently got a Faber LP45 tank?, (Faber made in Italy ?? 8503 07/1230 DOT3AA 2400 69 05 - 07+ BS45+ are the numbers I can read, it has a heavy coating of white paint ) Hydro completed in 2020 as a backup/pony bottle to keep my wife happy. It was current on Hydro and they did a vis inspection at my local dive shop.

My question is there appeared to be a light coating on the inside that appeared dark brown, not like an active red rust more like some type of coating. Is this normal? Is there a reason that it is no longer manufactured, Was there a problem or recall?

Price $300

I love my set for small doubles, but they're obnoxiously heavy as pony bottles.

Kind of impossible to know whether inside is good or not without images.

Live and learn, but $300 is pretty steep, given that the Faber LP50 (almost identical cylinder, but inch taller) is in the $260 range without shipping. One in FL that sold over the weekend went for $125 with 1yo hydro but due for a VIP.

I may have made a bad impulse buy, should have waited and bought new. How bad did I mess up?

Recently got a Faber LP45 tank?, (Faber made in Italy ?? 8503 07/1230 DOT3AA 2400 69 05 - 07+ BS45+ are the numbers I can read, it has a heavy coating of white paint ) Hydro completed in 2020 as a backup/pony bottle to keep my wife happy. It was current on Hydro and they did a vis inspection at my local dive shop.

My question is there appeared to be a light coating on the inside that appeared dark brown, not like an active red rust more like some type of coating. Is this normal? Is there a reason that it is no longer manufactured, Was there a problem or recall?

There was no recall or problem. They just stopped making them and everyone wants the 50s now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom