Hose for BCD from Reg 1st - which length and material?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer the miflex/double braided hoses for low pressure inflators. The only thing I use rubber for currently is my long hose.

Miflex hoses are great for LP (regulator), but the length depends on your personal preference and physical proportions. If you like short close to you hoses go with 60cm, if you like slag and able to run under arm use 75cm. Again, the length is a personal preference.

Miflex hoses are great for LP (regulator), but the length depends on your personal preference and physical proportions. If you like short close to you hoses go with 60cm, if you like slag and able to run under arm use 75cm. Again, the length is a personal preference.

OP is not asking about hoses for 2nd stage, they are asking about the LP hose for attaching to bcd power inflator.

OP,
The hose length for the application you are asking about is somewhat determined by the length of the corrugated inflator hose, next it will be agfected by how high or low you prefer to mount a bcd on a tank.

Without knowing what bcd you are using and how long the corrugated hose on it is, it is difficult to make a recommendation for optimal hose length.

One solution would be to purchase a bcd instead of renting.

Another solution would be to research the bcds that you have rented or will be renting for the length of LP inflator hose and average them to determine the lenght to buy.

Yet another option is to buy 2 or 3 hoses in different lengths and swap them out on your 1st stage as needed based onthe bcd you are renting. A longer LP inflator can serve as a a drysuit inflator hose in the future.

-Z

OP is not asking about hoses for 2nd stage, theybare asking about the LP hose for attaching to bcd power inflator.

-Z

ooopss! thank you for the clarification. I agree with your assessment on researching the bcds that you have rented or will be renting for the length of LP inflator hose. :thumb:

Reactions: Zef
standard length for jacket bcd is 66cm, wing bcd generally run shorter at 46 or 56 cm

Reactions: Zef
OP is not asking about hoses for 2nd stage, they are asking about the LP hose for attaching to bcd power inflator.

OP,
The hose length for the application you are asking about is somewhat determined by the length of the corrugated inflator hose, next it will be agfected by how high or low you prefer to mount a bcd on a tank.

Without knowing what bcd you are using and how long the corrugated hose on it is, it is difficult to make a recommendation for optimal hose length.

One solution would be to purchase a bcd instead of renting.

Another solution would be to research the bcds that you have rented or will be renting for the length of LP inflator hose and average them to determine the lenght to buy.

Yet another option is to buy 2 or 3 hoses in different lengths and swap them out on your 1st stage as needed based onthe bcd you are renting. A longer LP inflator can serve as a a drysuit inflator hose in the future.

-Z

thanks for your answer

they are mainly cressi start BCD’s or cressi start pro.

At the moment I’m afraid i Can’t afford to buy a BCD or multiple hoses that I wouldn’t use :(

I believe 26"(66cm) is the standard.
New bc usually comes with the inflator hose.

RUBBER.
+1

thanks for your answer

they are mainly cressi start BCD’s or cressi start pro.

At the moment I’m afraid i Can’t afford to buy a BCD or multiple hoses that I wouldn’t use :(

I hope the info that others provide is more fruitful to you than my suggestions.

Good luck.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom