MAGNIFICENT COLORS OF RAJA AMPAT IN 4K HDR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please find the following link to my new video COLORS OF RAJA AMPAT IN HDR, in which I was trying to show magnificent colors of the Raja Ampat's marine life, biodiversity of which is the highest recorded on Earth. It's simply overwhelming.

The Raja Ampat (West Papua, Indonesia) lies in the middle of the Coral Triangle, where the Pacific Ocean meets the Indian Ocean. It is a home to over 540 types of corals, more than 1000 types of coral fish and over 700 types of mollusks.

I hope you like the video. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Thank you for watching.

Please tell me what camera was used and if you use any type of filter.
Vidro was outstanding!!!
Joe

Please tell me what camera was used and if you use any type of filter.
Vidro was outstanding!!!
Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you for watching my video and your nice comment.

To shoot this footage in this video, I used the following UW Video Equipment:
Camera: Sony camcorder HXR-NX80
Housing: Gates AX700 / Z90 with Gates GP34A Wide Angle Port and internal UR Pro Red Filter
Tripod: Gates TripodDiopters: SAGA +5 Diopter Achromatic Close-Up Macro Lens, and SAGA +10
Diopter Achromatic Close-Up Macro Lens
Video Lights: Keldan Video 8X 11,000 Lumen CRI 92 (5400K)
Keldan Ambient Filter M1 (10-20m) for 4X/8X
Camera Settings: 4K, 30 FPS Picture Profile: PP10; Gamma: HLG2; Color Mode: BT2020

Hi Joe,

Thank you for watching my video and your nice comment.

To shoot this footage in this video, I used the following UW Video Equipment:
Camera: Sony camcorder HXR-NX80
Housing: Gates AX700 / Z90 with Gates GP34A Wide Angle Port and internal UR Pro Red Filter
Tripod: Gates TripodDiopters: SAGA +5 Diopter Achromatic Close-Up Macro Lens, and SAGA +10
Diopter Achromatic Close-Up Macro Lens
Video Lights: Keldan Video 8X 11,000 Lumen CRI 92 (5400K)
Keldan Ambient Filter M1 (10-20m) for 4X/8X
Camera Settings: 4K, 30 FPS Picture Profile: PP10; Gamma: HLG2; Color Mode: BT2020

I used to shoot video. Many many years ago. Sony TR-101. in a L&M Stingray Housing.
We used the MI Canopus system.

A1 Used Computer Systems Pty Ltd Online Shop

That is the only link I found about the system.

Too old to lug all the gear today,
Just was wondering how you made the transition from video lights to Ambient.
Filter in the camera a for Ambient to take out the blue and filter on the lights to take out the red.
Great work!!

Next trip Cozumel July 27. Then on the Turks and Caicos Explorer on Oct 39th.

Just was wondering how you made the transition from video lights to Ambient.
Filter in the camera a for Ambient to take out the blue and filter on the lights to take out the red.

Thank you for watching my video and your comments. If you are interested in the use of filters in underwater videography I could recommend you the following article: -WHY USE RED FILTER ON THE CAMERA AND BLUE FILTERS ON THE LIGHTS, WITH WB MANUAL EVEN IN MACRO IN HDR HLG ( & SDR) FILMING? AND NIGHT DIVE?-POR QUÉ USAR FILTRO ROJO EN LA CÁMARA Y FILTROS AZULES EN LA LUCES, CON WB MANUAL INCLUSO EN MACRO EN FILMACIÓN HDR HLG ( Y SDR) ? Y EN NOCTURNAS? – Wetpixel.es

Nicely done. Will show to my wife as she loves these. Looking forward to the day when my wife and daughter both dive to go to places like this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom