Sealife 3.0 vs GoPro Hero9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riceowls

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Did anyone tried both to have an opinion? I like the versatility of GoPro and the abundance of cheaper accessories but also like the ability to control the settings underwater sealife offers. On the other hand, knowing how fast the computational photography algorithms are developing< I am thinking that either will be outdated in a couple of years and not sure which one would be easier to sell to trade-up...

Not related to electronics or algoritms, but one of the features of the Sealife that appealed me was the "permanently sealed" concept. No Underwater case needed.

which one would be easier to sell to trade-up

Sorry I can't help with the comparison, but regarding trading up, SeaLife does (or did) have an upgrade program. I had an old SeaLife Reefmaster Mini that I'd used for about 4 years and then it sat in a closet with the battery in it for about 7 years as I was using the DC1200. It was in bad shape with corrosion from battery leaking. Sent it in to SeaLife (Pioneer Research) in 2018 and got $129 trade in value toward the DC2000. In 2019, I sent in a SL LED video light with a few problems (I could probably have eked out a few more dives with it) and got $149 trade in value toward the Sea Dragon 2500.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom