Found this BCD at surplus store, anyone know what it is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Seville you can add tank bands to the vest to use it as a regular bcd (similar to the zeagle soft plate used with the express tech that they just thread through the back). the mini tanks were for inflation when used with a mk16 ccr, you will need blanking caps to plug those ports to use without them (though from the picture, it looks like they might be already installed). due to the design layout of the bladder, it functions closer to a horse collar than conventional jacket or back inflate bcd.

@Seville you can add tank bands to the vest to use it as a regular bcd (similar to the zeagle soft plate used with the express tech that they just thread through the back). the mini tanks were for inflation when used with a mk16 ccr, you will need blanking caps to plug those ports to use without them (though from the picture, it looks like they might be already installed). due to the design layout of the bladder, it functions closer to a horse collar than conventional jacket or back inflate bcd.
How do you say horse collar differ in characteristics as opposed to the back inflate like I am using?

Your trim will be a bit different when air is added because the buoyancy will be in front of your chest instead of being behind your back. Also your head will be pushed up relative to your feet. Not a great thing if you are trying to stay horizontal and off the surface of a reef or wreck with a cylinder on your back. Not a big deal if you are crouched on the bottom with a rebreather strapped to your front waiting for the right moment to sneak onto the shoreline.

I dont see any way to thread tank bands on the back of that thing.
I think for $150 I would pass, you're halfway to a decent craigslist bcd for that price.

Not quite sure if the back inflates... if there is no bladder there melt some holes and use a single tank adapter

I dont see any way to thread tank bands on the back of that thing.
I think for $150 I would pass, you're halfway to a decent craigslist bcd for that price.

But, but...look at all the MOLLE attachment points...without that, where will he attach all his carabiners and how will he impress everyone without that military-esque look?

Just think, he could repurpose an ammo pouch to use as a pocket for his dsmb and spool.

-Z

There is no such thing as too much MOLLE.

p2629440558-5.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom