Found this BCD at surplus store, anyone know what it is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seville

Contributor
Reaction score
I was cruising my local army surplus store the other day. I saw a cool molle BCD. It looked like the back does not inflate but the sides did like a jacket. It was missing the weight pockets which went vertically. Can anyone tell me anything about this. Is it suitable for rec diving? It looks pretty cool to be honest. Is this a full BCD or just a kind of cover? It looks like the dump valves turn instead of having a string to dump them. How much do these usually cost?
IMG_1662.JPG
IMG_1663.JPG
IMG_1661.JPG
IMG_1664.JPG

I was cruising my local army surplus store the other day. I saw a cool molle BCD. It looked like the back does not inflate but the sides did like a jacket. It was missing the weight pockets which went vertically. Can anyone tell me anything about this. Is it suitable for rec diving? It looks pretty cool to be honest. Is this a full BCD or just a kind of cover? It looks like the dump valves turn instead of having a string to dump them. How much do these usually cost?
View attachment 665020 View attachment 665021 View attachment 665023 View attachment 665024
It looks like it would be part of a rebreather kit. No use for recreational diving.

Sweet! I knew someone knew about it! Can this be used like a regular BC? Can you still dive comfortably with the horseshoe air pouches in front? I have never seen anything like this, It has small o2 canisters on the sides, are they mandatory to have? Wondering if I could use this for rec diving. I really like the tactical look!

Sweet! I knew someone knew about it! Can this be used like a regular BC? Can you still dive comfortably with the horseshoe air pouches in front? I have never seen anything like this, It has small o2 canisters on the sides, are they mandatory to have? Wondering if I could use this for rec diving. I really like the tactical look!

Yeah, you can be "tacticool", like guys who sport thigh holsters and such.

You can use just about anything for rec diving if you really want to.

-Z

It is totally tactacool! I just wasn't sure if it would work well for buoyancy when diving. I looks like I would have to buy the weight pouches and the tank strap...They wanted $150 at the surplus store for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom