BP/Wing for HP119 Doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kafkaland

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a pair of HP119 tanks that I have been using for sidemount diving. I'm thinking about converting them into a pair of backmounted doubles, but I have no suitable backplate/wing harness for them. So I'm looking for recommendations. I will be diving in cold water with a drysuit, usually from a boat, occasionally with an added deco bottle.

For my cold water sidemount rig I have a Halcyon Contour BCD. It worked ok, but I had some issues with it, mostly the placement of the dump valve. For a new doubles BCD, I was looking at the Evolve. I'm a bit turned off by the price tag and fears that there may be similar issues like with the Contour that I discovered only after a couple of dives. Does anyone have first-hand experience with that rig, or can recommend something else (perhaps cheaper) for my purposes?

Unless you really want to spend 900 bucks, any plate with a basic harness and 50-60lb wing will work. I could put you in one for half of that. Add 50 bucks if you want an adjustable harness but it's really not needed if you set a basic harness up properly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom