AA Changed Flts with no Notification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two more lessons : mobile passport cbp phone app as fast as global entry entering USA customs and immigration. and don’t change planes in or fly from Texas.

I used it a few times and found it worthless. You have to pay if you want it to retain your info else enter it all in each time.The last time I used it was a few years ago and I stood in the "special" line where one agent was handling a line of a dozen meanwhile there were a half dozen or so agents handling the regular lines. I watched people walk into the room, progress through the regular line, and pass by an agent while I waited. I was tempted to crawl under the barriers and go get in the regular lines.

The last year has been no wait at all in the main immigration room. There aren't even kiosks anymore in Houston. Both times this year we walked through the queues and straight up to a waiting agent. No lines or stops exiting customs, either. My gf has GE but has went through the regular lines with me last few times and said it was way faster than GE ever was. Other airports may differ, though.

I only know what global entry does. We land and I go to the kiosk. I touch the screen and it takes a picture of me and the machine spits out a printout that I then give to the person at the desk. Done. Well worth the money. No declarations, no interview, no nothing.

That's how the regular process worked until last year.

Now imagine there is no kiosk, you don't stop to enter anything, you don't pose for a photo. You just walk up to an agent, show your passport, he scans it and says welcome back. That's been the regular process the last three times for me.

But you still will need the form for each family or member declaring if you’re bringing back a banned item, who you are, where you went. That’s different then global entry or facial recognition. Facial recognition is for immigration not customs. Mobile passport does all that electronically and transmits to cbp officer.

No, you don't need any paper forms. Nothing at all. There is no check at all exiting customs. Just a couple of agents off to the side talking to each other. And cameras watching, I'm sure.

My gf has GE but has went through the regular lines with me last few times and said it was way faster than GE ever was. .

You sure she just doesn't stay in line with you as she doesn't trust letting you out of her sight with your rakish good looks?

BYG-HUNKA-HUNKA.png

You sure she just doesn't stay in line with you as she doesn't trust letting you out of her sight with your rakish good looks?

There are few things in this life that I am more certain about than that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom