Regulator Service Rates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

350xfire

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have recently started to get certified to work on regulators and have the opportunity to take on the service department at a LDS.So far I have taken some Aqualung classes and will be doing Scubapro, Atomic, Zeagle, Oceanic and Hollis soon as well. I was wondering what regulator techs typically get paid? Is it per stage, per hour, per job? What is the normal actual pay?
Thanks

You definitely will not get rich. I was once asked to service regulators for a dive shop, and I can't remember what the numbers were, but it was not much.

I could see it if you enjoy working on regulators and are planning on working at the dive shop anyway.

I could see it if you enjoy working on regulators and are planning on working at the dive shop anyway.

What he said.

Oh I agree. I was just making sure I am getting a reasonable rate. I have a career job that I do. This is just to feed toe SCUBA addiction. I was just wondering what the going rate is...

the pay is usually piecework and practically minimum wage. the perks are being an employee with free fills, free or discounted boat rides, gear discounts, and a shot at a discounted trip to make up for it. not really different than being a part time DM or instructor.

Back
Top Bottom