%16 scuba tax in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JFS:
Blue H20 invoices show the tax that is included in price. It does not get added after.

And here is something to really confuse everyone.

@JFS - are you an SA de CV or operating under your wife's RFC as a persona fisica? Because if you are then you don't have to collect or pay IVA - so therefore why would you need to include it?

Those who are "persona fisica's" a/k/a self employed do not have to collect or pay IVA. So if they are collecting it from you - that is another can of worms.

If on the other hand you are an SA de CV, $75 INCLUDING IVA for a 2-tank dive is undercutting everyone. That's $64 per seat - Those are 2005 prices. Those who actually own boats and have all of the overhead and expenses that go along with it would barely break even on a 6 pack with 6 divers at that price with gas prices, salaries, marina fees, maintenance, etc., etc. Please share your secret with all of the established operators who are charging $80+ IVA - we/they clearly must be doing something wrong!

Hi Christi,

Hope you are staying warm up north. You probably were not aware but I've dabbled into a new venture down here - a brewery. Tax on alcohol is even worse than hotels at 19%. I have to pay 26.5% tax on the beer as I make it, then an additional 16% tax when I sell it. Yes, my beer price is 42.5% Mexico tax.

WOW that is insane! Best of luck to you!

christi always has a way of making things just that much more interesting

You are lying by claiming I’m lying. I have the pdf invoices by email listing tax. And the email complaining that other companies don’t explicitly state they are taxing. Which they aren’t if you pay cash.

Easy there partner. You throw out lying pretty casually. That's kinda not ok.

As was pointed out to you (Thanks DD), I was referring to the taxes actually making it to the government, on the bill or not. Mexico is does not have a real tax paying ethic about it.

What’s with the sympathy with the taxi Union? Friends of yours? Do you need video of the guy refusing the ride without more money? Do you have Stockholm syndrome and empathize and sympathize with your captor? Both of us will sign written sworn statements that our shuttle tickets bought at the airport from one of the two monopolies were not honored and the choice given was pay a lot more then was agreed to or walk. So money was refunded, we walked 100 yards and got a “normal” priced taxi. Also, no where else is a cab charged per person . It’s always the same price for the whole cab.

Are you saying that NOWHERE do they charge in taxis relative to the the number of people? Quoting from the WAPO, apparently around 2008 they finally changed that in DC and now only allow it in taxi vans:

An extra-passenger surcharge remains. But instead of $1.50 for each passenger beyond the first riding in cabs, drivers of vans -- and vans only -- charge $1 each for their second rider and beyond.

According to the Chicago taxi rate chart:

Each additional passenger after the first $0.50

Paris, the extra fee doesn't kick in until the 5th person, which I believe is how the reg Coz taxis work:

Supplement per person from the fifth passenger onwards €4.00

Apparently its the same in Berlin as well:

• a ride with five passengers or more will cost an extra 5,- Euros

Are you saying that NOWHERE do they charge in taxis relative to the the number of people? Quoting from the WAPO, apparently around 2008 they finally changed that in DC and now only allow it in taxi vans:

I thought he was talking about the shuttles from the airport, and virtually all airport shuttles around the world charge per person. You can check SupwrShuttle and get a quote for any airport in any city, and the quote is per person.

What You Should Know About Consumer Rights in Mexico - MexLaw

• In Mexico the exhibited prices for goods and services must be the total price to be paid, the taxes, commission, interest or insurance must be included in the advertised price.
I stand correct.

In Mexico the exhibited prices for goods and services must be the total price to be paid, the taxes, commission, interest or insurance must be included in the advertised price.

Also this:
  • Prices must be exhibited in pesos; additional currency types may be included, but if prices are listed exclusively in USD, this is a violation.
But my question would be this. Do these laws, or whatever they are, apply to the INTERNET?

As with dive op websites, we already know from this and another thread, that prices shown on websites may or may not include taxes in the price. Also known by me, through my searches, is that most every current op shows their price in U.S. dollars and not pesos.

Hotels and resort websites show their prices in U.S. dollars. even changing the text to Spanish, the price is still in U.S. dollars, not pesos, and does not include tax, although if you book it, the tax will be added in.

Most entertainment/tours/parks websites show prices for their activities in U.S. dollars and not pesos. Only a few show both U.S. and pesos. Some do show taxes are included and some add it in upon checkout.

Grocery and other stores websites show prices in pesos and that is the price with taxes included which you would know because no taxes are added in during checkout.

Restaurant website menus show prices in pesos and that is the price with taxes included.

Is it possible that some of these businesses fit in a category other than goods and services or are they maybe exempt from this law when showing prices on the internet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom