Wanted Deep6 regs, first, second Hoses kits.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’m looking to buy used Deep6 regs that are unwanted, used, ready for service, as I want to take the reg service class, and don’t really want Take any chances I’ll F-Up my good regs with first efforts. Thanks!

This isn't what you asked, but if you could get ahold of some free or nearly free old HOG regs to serve as guinea pigs in your reg service class, you would probably be able to service the Deep6 without further instruction.

I’m looking to buy used Deep6 regs that are unwanted, used, ready for service, as I want to take the reg service class, and don’t really want Take any chances I’ll F-Up my good regs with first efforts. Thanks!
Why not wait to take the class when yours are getting close to needing done? I tell all my HOG and Deep Six students that they are better off waiting so that they don't lose the knowledge they are shown. That's even with me having classroom regs to demonstrate with. I will let some people use a classroom reg if theirs are getting close or they own one model but not another that they plan on buying. Ie the own D3's but are planning on getting a D2 for a deco reg.
Taking the class too far in advance risks having to get on the phone with the instructor and them talking you through something they covered but you forgot.

It would be really hard to F up regs during the class. If you're competent enough to sign up for the class and have at least a little mechanical ability with some common sense mixed in you'll be fine. (I am not the smartest guy I know and I was fine).

My class last year moved fairly quick, it was more of a "go through the motions and take your time later and do it right". We did not use an ultrasonic cleaner during class and it was advised to do so when we did the next one at home. Within a week I re-rebuilt my reg with new parts and used an US cleaner. All went great.

Take LOTS of pictures, and there's a video online somewhere where someone does a great job of rebuilding D6 regs.

Good luck, and if you've already bought an unwanted, used, ready for service, dirty, cheap D6 reg and want to turn around and sell it quick because I've convinced you you don't need it.... then please hit me up, could always use a few more!:wink::D

There is always more to the story; My daughter and I want to take class together, and it will be one of her rare visits home later this summer. So timing isn’t so much about just learning, but sharing the class with my Diver Buddy Daughter, while she is here for visit.
This winter she is going to study abroad in Galapagos, and out there, if she has any issue with her reg, knowing how to repair could save her diving fun. So I don’t want to wait, but get it done this summer while she has time with me. If we take class together, same time and place, I only have to buy one set of tools.

@Bubblesong

That's an awesome activity with your daughter. Hope to have similar when mine grows up.

There is always more to the story; My daughter and I want to take class together, and it will be one of her rare visits home later this summer. So timing isn’t so much about just learning, but sharing the class with my Diver Buddy Daughter, while she is here for visit.
This winter she is going to study abroad in Galapagos, and out there, if she has any issue with her reg, knowing how to repair could save her diving fun. So I don’t want to wait, but get it done this summer while she has time with me. If we take class together, same time and place, I only have to buy one set of tools.

Unsure how old your daughter is, but I say it to my 15 year old who likes diving all the time... he could absolutely rebuild a reg. It is not rocket science. I would say watch the video on YT about rebuilding D6 regs and see if that's something you'd be into. It's pretty straightforward.

Troubleshooting (for me even) is a different animal. But after we took the class we were given personal cell numbers and told to call if we ever ran into any issues.

Back
Top Bottom