AA Changed Flts with no Notification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

American Airlines just stranded several hundred on a Cozumel to Miami trip that caused missing a Dallas connection. Then stranded hundreds more on cancelled Miami to San Diego and other flights. Many spent 3-6 hours in line for rebooking and hotel voucher. American has devolved into Spirit airlines, but American charges triple what Spirit and Southwest charge.
Did those several hundred stranded folks stay at Hotel Cozumel? Did they use taxis to get back to the airport?

Wow. You.ve been attaching this whine to quite a few threads now. "Several hundred"? From one flight? Tel us how you really feel.

Hey, now don't you get called a liar too!

American Airlines just stranded several hundred on a Cozumel to Miami trip that caused missing a Dallas connection. Then stranded hundreds more on cancelled Miami to San Diego and other flights. Many spent 3-6 hours in line for rebooking and hotel voucher. American has devolved into Spirit airlines, but American charges triple what Spirit and Southwest charge.
Have you figured out how you're getting back yet?

I read there is a non-stop CZM to LAX now?

In all seriousness... United did start scheduling one LAX-CZM roundtrip nonstop back in February (I think.) But I don't know if it's still on the schedule, and I don't think anyone else is doing it.

In all seriousness... United did start scheduling one LAX-CZM roundtrip nonstop back in February (I think.) But I don't know if it's still on the schedule, and I don't think anyone else is doing it.

@DandyDon I think just posted it somewhere else like yesterday? Scuba with Alsion, Alison did just fly it and it using it again shortly. Said its nice (I mean if you HAVE to go to LA I guess?)

I read there is a non-stop CZM to LAX now?
Yes United on Saturday. West coast has always been difficult for connecting thru Houston and DFW. It would be nice if AA would do a 'me to' flight out PHX

Nothing started in February survived, but they started it last weekend.
Hey, I was the lady in blue at the front of the line. Flight only 1/2 full. Greeted by mayor and mariachis

I'm really glad to have Alaska as our "home town" airline. I get e-mails when there's a 10 minute change in arrival or departure....

(Though they did cancel a flight a couple times after I got to the airport. Some lame excuse like "the airplane would have crashed and burned if we flew it now." Seriously, I "get" mechanical or weather cancellations that happen last minute.)

American has hosed groups I've brought out of Belize that catch the last Dallas-Seattle flight of the day. Too late to switch airlines, they cancel that flight and put us on one the next morning. That means we cram a bunch of people into a cheap airport hotel for a short night's sleep.

United has had more issues with my and my group's travel than I care to think about.

Back
Top Bottom