For Sale DC Buddy for Oceanic and Hollis downloads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cert1967

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Up for sales is

A DCbuddy download device

Worked with my Oceanic computer, since sold

Make an offer and it's yours

DC_Buddy.JPG

Does that work for an Aeris Elite T3/Oceanic VT3?

I'm not sure. I haven't used the item in quite some time. It has 3 user accessible screws on the backplate. The button on the front turned the unit on. It had a timer shut off function if not in use for x period of time.

The Aeris brand was shut down tight. The Vt3 looks just about like the Vt4.x and uses the same download cable? Me, I'm not sure.

I see you are a dive instructor - FL, right? Maybe your shop or an Oceanic shop would know?

Battery? It must need a new one.

I think if I recall correctly, the DB worked with various computers, requiring a different cable for each type. I don't know if the body was the same - seems to me that it would be. Maybe??

At the time I bought the DCBuddy I was using the Oceanic Vt4.1 computer.

We had two units, they sat on the shelf for a while, after we stopped using them, before I posted and sold them. This thread has a series of linked videos that may still be available.

I bought it based on the idea that I could download the dive data to my phone. Frankly, I don't recall how it worked. We moved on from the Vt4.1 units and the red DCBuddy moved further back on the shelf until it was out of sight. There it sat.

The info below and in the Vt4.1 sale post may add calrity.

Other Information

Bottom line, I don't know the answer to our question

Want to try it? Sure isn't doing anything for me sitting on my office shelf.

It's small and lightweight - inexpensive to mail.

Here's the deal. I'll mail it to you at no charge. If it works for you, send me what you feel is fair. If not, mail it back to me.

Did you sell it? If not I'll offer $20; the plug matches the ProPlus3 and, IRC, the cable is just a cable (at least that is the way it used to work for the Oceanic USB connections).

Long gone, thanks for the interest

Long gone, thanks for the interest

Pity; I didn't buy one when DiveNav first launched them but now, when it is discontinued, it looks like it is the only way to download logs from the Oceanic computers I have to an iPhone (the iPhone app I have, Dive Log, doesn't support USB download...) eBay, eBay here I come...

Pity; I didn't buy one when DiveNav first launched them but now, when it is discontinued, it looks like it is the only way to download logs from the Oceanic computers I have to an iPhone (the iPhone app I have, Dive Log, doesn't support USB download...) eBay, eBay here I come...

Multiple dive log programs will let you download your dives from Oceanic computers as long as you have the correct USB cable.

Multiple dive log programs will let you download your dives from Oceanic computers as long as you have the correct USB cable.

Can you give a list? I have the USB cables (OC-1 and PP3) and I have a lightning to USB adapter on order, but DiveLog, which is compatible with Diving Log 6.0 (which I use for my log and can, in fact, download both computers itself) cannot. I tried searching for iApps which handle USB download but didn't get anywhere...

I don't think you will be able to download directly to iOS unless you can find a used Dive Computer Buddy, you will have to use a Windows or Mac computer. I apologize, I missed that you were trying to download directly to an iPhone. If you do find a DC Buddy online MacDive will allow you to download to iOS using that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom