Fin color?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

img_20210121_170226_1-jpg.638157.jpg

1 pair of orange Deep 6 Eddy
1 pair of yellow Hollis F1
No particular reason, I just like brightly colored gear. Matches my yellow drysuit :)

I used to have a pair of white/black Oceanic Manta fins, but I sold them

One yellow, one white. My wife and I can find each other quickly in any group. Works very well at night too. She bought me a pair of yellow Mares Avanti Quatros for a present. I found a pair of white ones used and like new for her. Mine have the bungee extension, hers don't. Our cat sharpened her claws on mine to help with identification.

Works for us!

Jay

Had red ones up until very recently, now I'm rocking black ones because I loved how they felt in the water and they only came in black so didn't have much choice.

Advantages of colored fins: my buddy can see me when viz is poor here in California (which is often). I've had countless buddies thank me for my colorful gear.

Also nearly everyone I know has black fins. They pick up each other's fins by mistake all the time. Less likely to happen with colored fins.

Note: red and orange fins don't look red and orange at depth. Orange RK3 look orange at the surface, but are kind of pale at depth. They're still cool, but just a different shade IMHO.

Yellow Mares Avanti Quattros... I like to be seen and I like to see my buddy, esp when it really matters in murky water or difficult situations. That's when my buddy appreciates my yellow fins... I also have a yellow mask.

The Japanese diving equipment manufacturer Gull offers its fin models in a range of solid colours:
mew-cypher.gif

upload_2021-6-9_7-14-33.jpeg
I own a pair of white Gull Mew full-foot fins like the model centre above. It is quite difficult to find all-white fins here nowadays in Western Europe, although the French diving equipment company Hurrisport/Hurricane introduced its "Gouvernail" fins in that colour back in the early 1950s:
upload_2021-6-9_7-21-33.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom