Bonaire dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you need a dive guide, just bring me!!

Don’t make the common mistake of doing a long arduous surface swim to and from the reef. Get a compass heading, get your fins on and get under underwater right away and enjoy the show. Damn I miss Bonaire.

Bonaire - the questions not asked or thought about?

I'm drawing a blank on long arduous surface swims on Bonaire. Most are 2-5 minutes of leisurely back fining. Scouting the shallows on the way back is your safety stop.

I'm drawing a blank on long arduous surface swims on Bonaire. Most are 2-5 minutes of leisurely back fining. Scouting the shallows on the way back is your safety stop.

A two to five minute (unnecessary) surface swim IS long and arduous from my perspective and perception. o_O

To each his own as they say, but I find if I go under right away I often miss the buoy mooring on the way out and waste time looking for the "exit" on the way out.

I am staying close to the dive site Andrea 1
Dive Friends has two locations just south of where you are staying, Hamlet Oasis/Cliff dive site and Sand Dollar & Den Laman/Bari Reef dive site. Dive Friends Boats also leave from the Sand Dollar & Den Laman pier every morning, afternoon if enough divers. The boats put a guide in the water. I'm sure you could hire a shore guide if you wanted.

we are in Bonaire now. been coming for years.

Ebby Jules is THE dive guide to dive with if you want private guide, from shore, or, from his boat. Ebby knows where all the good stuff is, frogfish, seahorse, etc. You haven't dove bonaire til you have dove with Ebby. He is a Jedi! He is affiliated with Wanna Dive, which has several locations and drive up tanks available, small staff, all friendly

we will be out with Ebby on his boat saturday!

www.divewithebby.net

robert

Since you’re staying in or around Hato, Dive Friends makes sense for tank rental because they have a drive-through and small shop close by (at Hamlet—five-minute drive), which is also the entry point for a nice wall dive (Cliff). They do have an up charge for Nitrox, but virtually blanket the island with tank drive-throughs, and now also have the concession at Bari Reef, which gives you easy parking, easy access to tanks and a site which is a favorite of many from a great dock. VIP will deliver tanks to your house (others may also) for a fee, but Nitrox is the same cost as air, so the delivery doesn’t cost much in the end. As to boat dives, you might check out Div’Ocean. They have a quick outboard with max eight eight divers, and if you’re doing unlimited tanks from another op you can bring your own. They also do guided shore dives, as do most (all?) of the ops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom