How Much Narration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klausi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've been thinking how much narration to add to my videos - I used to let the footage speak for itself and just put music over the video. I started speaking more, and I found that the microphone of the GoPro is better than the one of my computer; I started including shots of myself into the videos. Obviously it's hard to narrate while filming underwater.

Is that too much of myself or is a bit of a narrator in-between the shrimp and nudis okay?

Thoughts?

I've been thinking how much narration to add to my videos - I used to let the footage speak for itself and just put music over the video. I started speaking more, and I found that the microphone of the GoPro is better than the one of my computer; I started including shots of myself into the videos. Obviously it's hard to narrate while filming underwater.

Is that too much of myself or is a bit of a narrator in-between the shrimp and nudis okay?

Thoughts?

Your video is fantastic and I wish I had the knowledge and insight that you have. I just wished that you told us more about where the footage was taken and how you did it,

Your video is fantastic and I wish I had the knowledge and insight that you have. I just wished that you told us more about where the footage was taken and how you did it,
Thank you - and thank you for the feedback!

Very little . . .

Over-narration = a sudden lack of will to live, and / or, to lose consciousness and swallow one's tongue . . .

I think getting the right balance is important and after watching this latest video you are very much there.

Of course some of the audience may have different preferences, but I liked your comments on evolution of the pipefish and seahorses.

Looking forward to your next video.

I think getting the right balance is important and after watching this latest video you are very much there.

Of course some of the audience may have different preferences, but I liked your comments on evolution of the pipefish and seahorses.

Looking forward to your next video.
I agree with this. There's a million videos of underwater dives on youtube. If it's just a dive with music, I'll probably skip it. If it has interesting, intelligent, and amusing commentary I'm more likely to watch.

Thoughts?

It is a bit disconcerting to hear a rooster crowing whilst looking shrimp. :D

I enjoy when you educate us at the same time as showing us photos. And sometimes I even like to see some print on the screen showing name of the animal or creature.

It is a bit disconcerting to hear a rooster crowing whilst looking shrimp

Reminds me of when doing a SI at a dive site called Bethlehem on Mariciban Island opposite Anilao. Lots of cockerels in bamboo cages crowing away as we wandered around the village.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom