Hollis DIN regulator coming loose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, it looks a bit different, but similar to that.

I think flymolo is right - I think it is more similar to an Apeks reg.

I think the o-ring could be causing the issue. I'll take a look at that.

Thanks for taking the time for the pictures, lexvil.
Yea, it’s hard to say without seeing the actual part we are talking about but it shouldn’t be loose ever where it mates to the valve body.

If the DIN retainer keeps coming loose it's generally due to two things. One is the retainer has not been properly torqued to the housing.
The second is that along with improper torque, the reg is turned to try and get proper hose orientation after it's been pressurized. Which effectively turns the reg body into a wrench.
Find out what the proper torques are for the housing and retainer and make sure they are right. It will be in inch lbs.
Never try to orient the reg after it's been pressurized on the cylinder.

To add to @Jim Lapenta's suggestion, make sure that you fully purge the reg before unscrewing from the valve. It's easy to "mostly' purge the reg, leaving a little bit of pressure on it. Once you've purged the reg, purge it again. This will help ensure that you're not retaining pressure on reg as you start to unscrew it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom