Mexico - Air Travel Exit Process

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing it did for our return is place us in the MUCH shorter line to check in but unknown if true of all airports/airlines. And I much prefer completing the info sitting on the balcony enjoying the view then standing in line at the airport.

Good thing both options are available.:)

I didn't see any choice of check-in lines except the normal one and the Priority status one. Are you talking about the proof of covid test? There's no info to complete at all on your part. Show the paper results or the email results.

If you're talking about the health form, scan the QR code as you walk in the door, get in the line, and fill it out while standing in the line. The check-in agent wasn't checking it, didn't even want to see it, just asked us if we had completed it because we will need to show it to the security checkpoint. They were just reminding us to do it if not already done so. And there is only one line to the security chckpoint.

Just got back from Cozumel, flew back AA out of CZM. I didn't do the Verifly app. Just showed up, got in line to show my covid test results (printed out by International Hospital, cost for antigen test $32 US) then sign a form attesting to results.

Then over to check in line for AA, my checked bag weighed 49.5 pounds (Yeah, just under). Several other people were 1-2 pounds over which would be $104 US extra. So these several people took one fin out of their checked bag and strapped it to their carry on roller bag. I don't think this would work other places but in CZM nobody seemed to care. I don't think they really want to irritate the tourists who are helping their economy.

Then fill out a health questionnaire (simple) before going through security and handing it to the security guy.

Very stress free process.

Perhaps stress free but sounds like an unnecessary extra step. With United, the agent that checks your passport, takes your checked baggage, and issues the boarding pass also checks the covid test results at the same time.

I didn't see any choice of check-in lines except the normal one and the Priority status one. Are you talking about the proof of covid test? There's no info to complete at all on your part. Show the paper results or the email results.

If you're talking about the health form, scan the QR code as you walk in the door, get in the line, and fill it out while standing in the line. The check-in agent wasn't checking it, didn't even want to see it, just asked us if we had completed it because we will need to show it to the security checkpoint. They were just reminding us to do it if not already done so. And there is only one line to the security chckpoint.
We flew AA so can’t speak to other airlines or airports for that matter but flying out of SJD AA had a separate line for travelers that had completed VeriFLY. I just flashed the app and went to that line, there was no one ahead of us verses the longish line at the paper counter. So maybe they can’t require it but I guess they can certainly make it worth the minimal effort.

We flew AA so can’t speak to other airlines or airports for that matter but flying out of SJD AA had a separate line for travelers that had completed VeriFLY. I just flashed the app and went to that line, there was no one ahead of us verses the longish line at the paper counter. So maybe they can’t require it but I guess they can certainly make it worth the minimal effort.

Huh? United doesn't check anything at all flying TO Cozumel, except your passport and boarding pass. And Mexico doesn't seem to collect anything on their end either. Who is managing Verifly? Mexico, TSA, or the airline? I've never used it, went to Coz in March and May.

Huh? United doesn't check anything at all flying TO Cozumel, except your passport and boarding pass. And Mexico doesn't seem to collect anything on their end either. Who is managing Verifly? Mexico, TSA, or the airline? I've never used it, went to Coz in March and May.

VeriFLY is a product of Daon.

Daon is a privately held software company that has pioneered methods for securely and conveniently combining biometric and digital identity capabilities with large-scale deployments that span payments verification, digital banking, wealth, insurance, telcos, and securing borders and seamless travel. For over two decades, Daon has delivered digital identity solutions needed to empower mission critical programs which demand the strongest levels of biometric security and identity assurance and serves as a key technology behind leading financial institutions including Visa, USAA, BNP Paribas Wealth Management and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC).

Daon’s vision is “To be the world’s leading human authentication platform enabling people across any channel to easily assert and protect their identity.”

For more about Daon, visit our website at Learn More

VeriFLY -- Privacy Policy

Just returned on AA a week ago. VeriFLY isn't required at CZM. It's a convenience feature that has more functionality in larger, more automated environments. I uploaded my info and it was eventually confirmed, but I couldn't access my boarding passes because physical confirmation of my additional documentation was required. I've had this happen before flying out of CZM pre-covid and pre-VeriFLY. It wasn't an issue. I just checked in and presented my documentation in person, as usual. It was the typical, busy Saturday crowd with lines for check-in and security as well as post-covid, socially distanced, limited seating at the gates. It's like all large, systematic changes...the wheels grind a bit slower as we sort things out, but with a little patience, a dose of humility, and a good attitude, we tend to trundle through, IMHO, with generally modest inconvenience. The real entertainment starts when we get get home, logon, and share "fish stories" about it on the internet. :popcorn: All IMHO, YMMV...I love dive travel. :)

Addressing the 'probably the same with other airlines' thing.

Southwest doesn't have an app for that. (It does have two checked back for free though.)

Online with Southwest it does have the attestation you can complete on the website.

It also has the link to the Mexican health screening site.

At the airport, we had printed copies of the COVID test, though I am sure on the phone would have sufficed. They just scanned them in. Just one check in line. (well plus my fly by priority lane.)

We used the Mexican website to do our MX health clearance forms. Rather convenient to have an account there that prefills it and then allows me to add the wife without a bunch of data reentry. Especially on the our second trip. You just end up with a QR code. In the security line, the collect the tiny forms that everyone was scribbling on. In our case I printed the QR codes, but I am sure I could have just had them scan the QR on the phone.

Back
Top Bottom