Garibaldi and friends are no longer with us

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arbitrary trophy points were useless, but I really like the ability to "like" posts and the "like" counter under everyone's name. It's nice even though it's not as powerful here as it is within a facebook or reddit style algorithm. I try to keep my like count above my post count, and at least personally that encourages me to make quality posts or at least keep my s***posts funny.

I'm not sure what's possible within the limits of this forum software, but it would be cool to emphasize the most-appreciated posts more. Maybe a color to highlight posts that get 5+ likes or something?

And... dare I ask... a dislike button? Useful for signaling crappy posts without getting dragged into an argument. Totally different system, but I wonder if Facebook would have fewer problems if they allowed single-click negative responses to content.

Arbitrary trophy points were useless, but I really like the ability to "like" posts and the "like" counter under everyone's name.

The closest thing to a populist revolt on ScubaBoard that I can remember is when Likes weren't transferred between a couple of previous software upgrades. I wasn't a staff member at the time but it appears that complaints were heard loud and clear. The Likes were transferred through some software magic in a few days. I would venture that the oversite won't be repeated.

Unfortunately the current software that ScubaBoard runs on doesn't support more than the simple Like system you see. The possibility of enhancements definitely exists in future upgrades. The software developers pay attention to social media. Please consider your comments noted.

I try to keep my like count above my post count, and at least personally that encourages me to make quality posts or at least keep my s***posts funny.
My first couple hundred posts predate the like count. Then I took a few years off diving and Scubaboard. Since I came back and got my first like I've been chasing the magic 1:1 post to like ratio :)

I remember the old ScubaBoard [had another user name, took a few years off this site], I quite like the new one, most people posting on here now are more polite, the egos have not changed.
Such fun.

I still see a "like" count on my profile. Did that show up on every post on the desktop version before? I only ever access the site from my phone, so I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing.

I still see a "like" count on my profile. Did that show up on every post on the desktop version before? I only ever access the site from my phone, so I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing.

The only change is the Trophy count is gone. No change to the Post or Like count.

Turn your phone sideways and you should be able to see what you are missing.

My first couple hundred posts predate the like count. Then I took a few years off diving and Scubaboard. Since I came back and got my first like I've been chasing the magic 1:1 post to like ratio :)
Hey. I made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom