Dive Shop Input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan G

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been to the Keys several times and have been out with a variety of shops. I am hoping to get input for an upcoming trip about a few shops I have not been diving with, yet.

I would appreciate any feedback about Deep Blue, Horizon, Silent World and /or Quiescence. If you'd rather not post publically, feel free to DM me.

I've been to the Keys several times and have been out with a variety of shops. I am hoping to get input for an upcoming trip about a few shops I have not been diving with, yet.

I would appreciate any feedback about Deep Blue, Horizon, Silent World and /or Quiescence. If you'd rather not post publically, feel free to DM me.
Horizon and Qui are above average and the shops I recommend down there.

I have been diving with Horizon for over 10 years now, so granted I'm a little biased. However, what everyone enjoys with them is long bottom times, technical diving expertise, excellent captains, and great service from the crew. It is just a well run operation that consistently performs very well. Additionally, their location is superb being at the northern tip of Key Largo.

Horizon is pretty much the go to tech diver charter in KL, and a pretty damn good rec charter too. Their biggest disadvantage is that they only have three boats, and most days are only running two of them. So your choice is often shallow or deep. But most of the charters on your list, and TBH on KL, are smaller operations.

Speaking of Silent World, what ever became of the former owner, Chris Brown?

Thanks for the replies. I booked with Horizon for early June. I liked their schedule of AM and PM either shallow or wreck, rather than just hoping we get to a wreck but a wreck not being chosen, which I have experienced. Silent World is only booking their entire boat these days, so they were not an option. I dove with them once perhaps 10 years ago and enjoyed it.

Just finished 3 days with Horizon Divers and had a great time. The surf was up and the crew did a nice job of helping us into and out of the water in challenging conditions. Friendly crew. I would definitely recommend them along with the others on this thread who did so, too.

Horizon's parking situation sucks.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom