Loggerhead Turtles at Horseshoe reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Roquemore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Dive report for Horseshoe reef

(Palm Beach, Florida)

This dive site is becoming one of our favorites because of the abundance of life from the barrel sponges, hogfish and of course the many loggerhead turtles we see on every dive there. Our second time there was after a blood moon and since there are so many barrel sponges we had a total white out and visibility was almost zero due to the spawning sponges so a trip is planned on the next blood moon and we will be prepared to video that event. I should warn you if you don’t like seeing many Loggerhead turtles you probably should not watch this video.

Please leave your comments on YouTube and let me know how you like the video.

?sub_confirmation=1

Thnx for sharing

Thanks for sharing your video Steve. There are so many female loggerhead turtles off of Palm Beach County at the moment. Peak nesting season seems to be in full force. I saw many SACKED OUT female loggerheads Saturday off of Palm Beach and Sunday off of Jupiter. A few were swimming around but most were sound asleep. It is so cool to see them. It never gets old!

It's a great dive site!!

Getting spoiled living here and makes it hard to justify our annual international diving trip.

Spoiled indeed! I've always been a local diver primarily. When I lived in the Midwest I mostly dived the Great Lakes with occasional dives in NC, CA or FL. Now that I live in FL I dive here exclusively. I've got no complaints!! South FL has SOOOO much to offer.

Awesome, thanks for sharing the video.

Loggerheads are so cool, glad I got to see a few when I dove in WPB and the Bahamas.

I will be in Tampa around 4th of July to visit my in laws- wish we were heading to the East coast so I could get a few dives in, but I don't think it's going to happen. I still want to come in August or Sept to see the Goliath's- waiting for a few things to shake out before I can lock it in.

...want to come in August or Sept to see the Goliath's-....
3 day non-resident lobster license is only $22 at 6 per day. 3rd/4th week of August is good weather. Season is Aug 6th to Mar31st and I've taken GG picts & harvested bugs on the same dive. That's a productive dive and when lobster tails are brought back for the family they usually say.....You should go diving more often!!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom