Are regulators specifically tuned for Trimix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's interesting.
So the problem occurs when the new gas is saturating faster, then the old gas diffusing. Right?

So this would be a problem, if diving on air and decompressing with helium(which makes no sense ofc).
But when does this happen in real life Szenario?
Switching from helium to air is not a problem, or is it?
PM sent , a bit of reading for you.

Sorry we went off topic, digression and went off on a tangent.
Is that the right word, I am not a "wordsmith"?

A big thanks to those addicted to a helium rich content (CCR divers) that collaborated. I enjoyed reading the conflicting comments, as I did previously, decades earlier, on similar Scubaboard threads. Today’s technologies allow engineers to ascertain data by abusing crash-test dummies. As my mentor said, there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers.
And yes, he did warn me about Scubaboard.

Link provided...
Regulators Suitable for Technical/Trimix Diving?

Regs vs. TRIMIX

And if you get the battery powered helium locks, don't forget to change the batteries every six months on the appropriate schedule. I forgot last year because of the whole lockdown thing and my doubles with 18/45 now have 19/37, argh.

Tell me you aren’t validating Australia’s half a century old IWR theory?

Links are to zombie threads. Some of those regs aren't even manufactured anymore and some are redesigned.
With the decreased density regs are going to breathe differently anyway.
My personal preference is to buy the best breathing regs possible with no brand loyalty at all. I will then have good air regs, nitrox regs, deco regs and mix regs.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom