Help with wing....OMS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Penguine

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just stumbled onto an OMS Wing set up and
have no clue about it.

All I can tell you.....is that it holds air and fits.

Seems like the fill hose doesn't come across the shoulder like the usual jacket styles I'm used to....is that normal or just out of adjustment?

Looking for information....see pics attached and if anyone needs more info, I'll do my best.

I know the plate and straps run more than what I paid for the rig and regs.

I got this with a mares voltrex reg with a genesis resource comp and a rover back up.

Attachments

• IMG_20210605_151612.jpg
    IMG_20210605_151612.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20210605_151623.jpg
    IMG_20210605_151623.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_20210605_151635.jpg
    IMG_20210605_151635.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20210605_151643.jpg
    IMG_20210605_151643.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 163
it is a dual bladder doubles wing and they generally run a huge amount of lift, so unless if you plan to slap on a pair of 8 inch doubles and some stages, you should get a smaller wing to use

The harness is an OMS "IQ Pack." For singles, you don't need the single tank adapter if you run it without the internal plate as a soft pack and use a wing with cam-band slots. Works well that way for travel

That was my first rig that I got for myself and I loved it. Still have it in the fleet for my son if I can get him back in the water (He hates cold-water murk and has a medical issue that makes it touchy to be out on the water now.)

Looks like the wing has been flipped over with the upper dump and corrugated hose swapped. But I thought those wings had at least one lower dump and I don't see one in the pictures, so I could be wrong. Configured the way it is you can't fully dump without going pretty vertical.

@runsongas is absolutely correct, that will be a miserable (and possibly dangerous) wing to dive singles with. It is going to taco (fold-up around the tank) and trap air. I don't see evidence for it being a double bladder version, though.

You have the wing on the plate backwards and the hose is upside down.

1. Could not see any lower dump valve. Strange.
2. Corrugated hose strap on both sides of the shoulder hardness. Interesting.

Replace all the bungee and make a smaller loop to see if you can reduce the fully inflated volume of the wing.

1. Could not see any lower dump valve. Strange.
2. Corrugated hose strap on both sides of the shoulder hardness. Interesting.

Replace all the bungee and make a smaller loop to see if you can reduce the fully inflated volume of the wing.
1) Thinking about it a little more, I'm guessing it is hidden behind the left side waisband/pad.
2) To support double-bladder wings. I clipped my Spyderco Salt in there.

I just stumbled onto an OMS Wing set up and
have no clue about it.

All I can tell you.....is that it holds air and fits.

Seems like the fill hose doesn't come across the shoulder like the usual jacket styles I'm used to....is that normal or just out of adjustment?

Looking for information....see pics attached and if anyone needs more info, I'll do my best.

I know the plate and straps run more than what I paid for the rig and regs.

I got this with a mares voltrex reg with a genesis resource comp and a rover back up.
Looks OK to me. Give it a try. If the bungees are loose, replace them or readjust. It doesn't look like a double bladder wing to me. Although the lift may be more than a single. If you don't get the taco-effect, it should be OK.

Looks OK to me. Give it a try. If the bungees are loose, replace them or readjust. It doesn't look like a double bladder wing to me. Although the lift may be more than a single. If you don't get the taco-effect, it should be OK.
What do you know about the bungee on OMS wing?
You would not know the manufacturer's recommended way to tie the bungee!

Back
Top Bottom