new fins for travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justadyver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
am looking at mares avanti quattro+ or SP go sports. any feedback which on you like. .I have jets and sp splits.
looking for smaller travel fins

I like the Aqualung Storm fins for travel [warm water, tropics], you must try them on as I found the sizing on the small size, I use them with thin neoprene socks, can be worn bare foot, have only tried that in a pool.
Solid, well made and priced right. [And no, I do not work for them].
aqua_lung_storm_fins-1.jpeg

I have a pair of Mares Avanti Quattro fins that I use for travel. They are one of the best all around fins you can buy.

My preference is go sports over quattros. I finally threw my well worn quattros in the trash last year, but if I remember correctly both types pack about the same. Quattros a little bit longer, the go sports a little shorter but slightly wider.

I use Deep 6 Eddy fins for travel as well as California wetsuit diving. They're light and compact enough and have the positive spring strap attachment like the Hollis F1 fins. I found the Mares plastic post attachment tends to let the strap come off at times.

Hollis F2s are lightweight and short enough to fit in small suitcases.

I bought mine for travel but now use them all the time and my Mares fins haven't been in the water for several years now.

I have the Oceanic Accel travel fins, and they are quite light and compact for travel, yet still have good power when needed -- and I especially like frog kicks with them.

I have the Tusa Hyflex Switch. Shortish but gives me enough power for Cozumel currents. Can easily separate the blade for an extremely small luggage footprint. Did well in the magazine testing a couple years back.

I have the Tusa Hyflex Switch. Shortish but gives me enough power for Cozumel currents. Can easily separate the blade for an extremely small luggage footprint. Did well in the magazine testing a couple years back.
I also use these for travel not a bad fin at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom