Deep6 reg breathing wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have tried that test but hooked up to my tanks with the air off. Seems to form a vacuum is why I was thinking it was the exhaust.
When you’re trying to isolate an issue remove as many variables as possible.

The service manual says
"Remove the exhaust port cover by carefully pressing the tab on the hose side of the cover in between the exhaust port fins."​
to get at the exhaust diaphragm.

The service manual says
"Remove the exhaust port cover by carefully pressing the tab on the hose side of the cover in between the exhaust port fins."​

We did this with chopsticks in class. It took a little force... you remember:)

Make sure they aren’t tuned to hot and constantly trickling air through the exhaust diaphragm with a slight free flow.

The service manual says
Will give this a shot. Thought I read in the manual I needed sidecutters to remove it and didn't want to go that far.

Does it leak only in a certain position or any position?
It happens intermittently through the dive and it is always a little "wet". I haven't isolated if a position makes it worse between head down, forward or either side.

Someone else posted how to remove exhaust cover. So I will try that and see if they are damage or any debris then reseat. After my next dives, if the issue persists, I think I'll just have to contact deep6.

Will give this a shot. Thought I read in the manual I needed sidecutters to remove it and didn't want to go that far.
The sidecutters are to cut the old exhaust valve out. Don't do that!

Just dived all weekend with @LandonL .

I encourage you to reach out to him by e-mail or phone. I’m confident he’ll get you right as rain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom