Orcatorch lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The lasers are super fun, there are some little bottom dweller fish that just love to follow it along like cats. I have been using many of the Orca lights for several years now, always been happy with them and when there has been an issue they have been replaced PDQ.
I wish I lived near water where a laser pointer was usable! Tried it once. Beam made it maaaaaybe two feet.

I wish I lived near water where a laser pointer was usable! Tried it once. Beam made it maaaaaybe two feet.
Was it red? The green has a lot more penetration, though I guess that stew you call "water" may be too much for anything short of a lightsaber :troll:

Was it red? The green has a lot more penetration, though I guess that stew you call "water" may be too much for anything short of a lightsaber :troll:
It was green actually. Stew is a perfect description. Stealing that!

So I recently purchased the orca torch D710. Seems like it will be a good light. However, it does not say how long to charge the battery! Does anyone know? Should I charge overnight? When the battery is in the flashlight the flashlight indicator will glow green if the charge is over 30%, but that is not very helpful to know if the battery is fully charged

So I recently purchased the orca torch D710. Seems like it will be a good light. However, it does not say how long to charge the battery! Does anyone know? Should I charge overnight? When the battery is in the flashlight the flashlight indicator will glow green if the charge is over 30%, but that is not very helpful to know if the battery is fully charged
According to the video on their website, it should charge in about 2 hours (probably a bit longer). The light on the top of the battery turns green when charged. It is equipped with overcharge protection, so you should be ok to charge it longer than needed.
The fact that the indicator light on the flashlight stays the same color until 30% is a bit irritating, but you should be ok for occasional use over a couple of dives, or continuous use over at least one dive. If you’re going to be needing a light on a dive, you really should be carrying a backup light anyway.
Let us know how the light works out for you, always room for one more good light in my dive bag!

Erik

MAKO sells re-branded Orca Torch lights with the MAKO logo on them. One of the benefits of this arrangement (to the customer) is that if there are ever any issues, you will be deal with me and my staff, and you can be assured things will be handled to your satisfaction. Also we generally have same day shipping from our domestic facility (in Fredericksburg Virginia).
Our 1000 lumen light has been GREAT.

1000 Lumen Dive Light

View attachment 662244

Hi @MAKO Spearguns
Is this MAKO the equivalent of Orcatorch D550 ?

It is identical, thanks.

thank you for the quick response

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom