Quick dry dive boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wtf?

Altama Black OTB Maritime Assault Mid Boot
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

Wtf?

Altama Black OTB Maritime Assault Mid Boot
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

Just about anything on the planet that is prepared for sale in the state of California will have that warning label. Because there is strict liability with regards to product liability and everyone in the chain from manufacturer to retail vendor is considered liable, the warning label was adopted to cover concerns that should someone develop cancer and make a claim that it is due to using a specific product...the label affords some protection as a somewhat adequate warning, if one purchases/uses the product they can't say "I didn't know". It is kind of a nanny state type of thing.

-Z

I looked at both the Altama and the Otter Rock before settling for a pair of Probe iDry. They have flat bottom as well as a supportive arch version for shore diving. They feel cozy and dry even underwater, but too hot on land in Southeast Asia. I like the warmth and the softness. In the end, i decided that i could be sure of the Probes comfort level. Couldnt find too many indepth reviews on the Altama or the Otter. Any of you care to share your experience with them?

Back
Top Bottom