Shark Education

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mempilot

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, I put this here since it's kind of stupid.

I just spent the last 4 hours watching Jaws 3 and 4. I learned that great white sharks are able to levitate above the water, roar, and survive in the warm Bahamian 40' reefs. This is stuff that NOVA, the Disco Channel, and Animal Planet have all left out in their documentaries.

I'd also like to dive the wreck featured in 4, since it's hallways are wide and tall enough to accomodate a swim through by a 35' great white with a 10' fin span. I could leave my light, reel, and shears behind. There was no silt, no rust, no cables, and lot's of daylight. Our wrecks suck. They are all dirty and broken.

Pretty cool stuff when you think about it, though I'm not sure I want to go dive tomorrow now. I'm scared.

mempilot:
OK, I put this here since it's kind of stupid.

I just spent the last 4 hours watching Jaws 3 and 4. I learned that great white sharks are able to levitate above the water, roar, and survive in the warm Bahamian 40' reefs. This is stuff that NOVA, the Disco Channel, and Animal Planet have all left out in their documentaries.

I'd also like to dive the wreck featured in 4, since it's hallways are wide and tall enough to accomodate a swim through by a 35' great white with a 10' fin span. I could leave my light, reel, and shears behind. There was no silt, no rust, no cables, and lot's of daylight. Our wrecks suck. They are all dirty and broken.

Pretty cool stuff when you think about it, though I'm not sure I want to go dive tomorrow now. I'm scared.

I passed by those shows, but had to return for a little self induced torture.dododododododododahhhh.
NOVA in my opinion shows very liberal biased views as fact. So the shark can levitate, and it can roar.
The disco channel? We don't get that here, maybe they played it on the rap channel.
Animal Planet? Animal planet? Slowly I turned, step by step.......oops that was the stooges. Getting a little mixed up. Better go to bed now.

You mean they MADE more than just Jaws 1 and 2?????

pennypue:
You mean they MADE more than just Jaws 1 and 2?????

Yes, but in Jaws 1 and 2 they had it all wrong. The shark actually kills and eats like 12 people. In Jaws 4, only three bad actors have the fortune of being consumed. I believe the shark in 4 is actually a flying fish that lived too close to the pesticide runoff from the Costa Rican banana plantations.

mempilot:
Yes, but in Jaws 1 and 2 they had it all wrong. The shark actually kills and eats like 12 people. In Jaws 4, only three bad actors have the fortune of being consumed. I believe the shark in 4 is actually a flying fish that lived too close to the pesticide runoff from the Costa Rican banana plantations.
Sounds like you were actually conscious for the whole movie......

What happened in 3?

(and is that squid thing going to be on discovery again?)

RW,

Ya, but can they do it in Matrix style slow motion? I think the Jaws movies pioneered that technique. :)

PP,

Jaws 3 was in 3D. The 35 footer kind of poked out of the tv at you if you had your goggles on. I lost my goggles in 1984, so I tried beer goggles. All that did was make the early 80's actresses look hot! :)

Jaws 3 was in 3-D. It was a real work of art.

SueMermaid:
Jaws 3 was in 3-D. It was a real work of art.
A real work of art and a real piece of %$^&! LOL My favorite part is when the body parts leave the screen and spray the living room. What an effect!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom