TG-6 Short Battery Life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve been using the TG4 since it came out with the Olympus battery and with oem batteries and both last about the same. I usually get two 45-60 min dives shooting stills and sometimes have to power the camera down toward the end of the second dive u til I’m ready to shoot just to make sure it doesn’t die out on me. I always bring spare batteries on the boat.

I get two dives of up to 90 minutes with 50 plus still shots per dive on one battery with my TG5.

With my TG-5 if I do two 60 minute dives, I generally need to turn the camera off on the second dive when I am not using or else it will run out before the end of the dive. This happens no matter how many photos I take on the first dive (flash is only 1/64 power).

It's a little difficult to quantify this.
One person may use it for a total of five minutes a dive while another twenty minutes.

I think I can get a total of thirty minutes.
That's over four dives.

Back
Top Bottom