Solved: Tagging OP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could you explain in more detail for us non-Farsebook users?
A little tag next to the name of the original poster that says op or original poster. Like how yours says staff member.

There's a couple xf add-ons that are supposed to do what OP is asking for. Duplicate - Identify the OP of a thread

also
You can put the code below:

Code:

<xf:usertitle user="$user" tag="h5" class="message-userTitle" banner="true" itemprop="jobTitle" />

in message_macros

The new code, it might be improved:

Code:

<xf:if is="{$__globals.thread} AND {$__globals.thread.user_id} !== 0 AND {$__globals.thread.user_id} == {$user.user_id}">
<div class="userBanner userBanner--accent message-userBanner" >
{{ phrase('thread_starter') }}
</div>

@Miyaru turned the options over to me, which I am just starting to explore.

1639685106062.png
This is the default, indicator on the top left of the avatar. Currently, it is working in this forum for testing.

@Miyaru turned the options over to me, which I am just starting to explore.

View attachment 695946This is the default, indicator on the top left of the avatar. Currently, it is working in this forum for testing.

Screenshot_20211217_122247_com.android.chrome.jpg

This is what it looks like on mobile. Not very easy to see especially zoomed out.

This is what it looks like on mobile. Not very easy to see especially zoomed out.

Agreed, a bit too subtle even on my laptop. Here are some more options:

The image in @Miyaru's post the same color as Option 1 below but 60% transparent.

1639698392580.png
Option 1: Here is the image with no transparency and black text

1639698461675.png
Option 2: Here is the banner with pure red, no transparency, and pure white text.

1639698945166.png
Option 3: Here is Option 2 with the red banner at 60% translucent

1639699292739.png
Option 4: Green Banner, black text

I can go on but I guess the first question is how subtle or hard to miss do we want the indicator to be?

My unscientific opinion is that there are more avatars with blacks and blues than other colors so those banner colors would stand out less. Maximum contrast is pure black and white, especially with color blindness.

Keep in mind, I'm a very simple guy. I can match a color if you point me to it but names like mauve, periwinkle, and puce won't register.

The red with white has a dive flag look and would be decently visible on a phone.

Back
Top Bottom