Scubapro Service Kits in US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not seeing the G200 service kit on Vintage. Would the G250 service kit work? Or are my search skills bad?

If you have a G200, you'll probably want to convert it to balanced, at which time it will be a de facto G200B, which is an excellent 2nd stage; identical to the G250 except no diver inhalation adjustment. It's a simple matter to pop off the plug opposite the hose connection and let the poppet fall out. Then you will know if you have the modern poppet or not.

Another way is to get some information is to remove the hose, and look (with some light) at the center of the seat, which is pushed against the orifice. If there is a small hole in the middle, you have the balanced poppet, if not, it's unbalanced. I don't know if I'm being very clear about how to do this.

Anyhow, if I came into possession of a G200, I'd just take it apart immediately and see what the poppet is. You'll want to buy the s wing poppet, balanced seat, balance chamber, and new spring to convert it. None of those parts are expensive, and there's always someone selling them on ebay if vdh doesn't have them.

You can also eventually make friends with a SP dealer; I have found several that will quietly sell parts. Usually they need to get some sense that you know what you're doing.

You can also eventually make friends with a SP dealer; I have found several that will quietly sell parts. Usually they need to get some sense that you know what you're doing.

…and then that priceless look when you find out how much a Mk17 parts kit costs.

Back
Top Bottom