New FAA Mexico downgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sooooo what exactly does this mean? If I’m reading this correctly, this only affects Mexican airlines and code-share partner flights, correct... NOT my United flight to there on Friday, correct?
You got a link you can point us at?

Nothing changes in regards to the existing routes/flights. It does not affect US based carriers, unless, code sharing, but there is work around it.

It’s in the article:
“As a result, the FAA won’t ban Mexican airlines from operating in the United States, but they will be stopped from adding new routes. In addition, U.S.-based carriers won’t be allowed to codeshare on Mexican-operated flights. The situation particularly affects Delta Air Lines, which has operated a joint venture with Aeromexico since 2016.”

Nothing changes in regards to the existing routes/flights. It does not affect US based carriers, unless, code sharing, but there is work around it.

It’s in the article:
“As a result, the FAA won’t ban Mexican airlines from operating in the United States, but they will be stopped from adding new routes. In addition, U.S.-based carriers won’t be allowed to codeshare on Mexican-operated flights. The situation particularly affects Delta Air Lines, which has operated a joint venture with Aeromexico since 2016.”

That's what I figured, thanks. I had a slight moment of panic since I'm supposed to head there in a couple of days, and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something...lol.

Not the first time they have done this. Basically the FAA feels their Mexican counterpart lacks oversight of thier carriers. It does not mean the Mexican airlines are less safe but questions the level and quality of government oversight.
Pretty ballsy in my opinion after certifying the original design of the 737MAX. I do not remember personnely seeing a single FAA inspector in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom