Any new info on the Canadian Border opening????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the border has never been closed. that was the gov biggest mistake. but i am not gonna go there.

air travel is still allowed...

The US allows air travel for any reason. Canada only allows essential services via air, just like the rest of the border.

So Canadians can vacation in the US if they fly, but US residents can not vacation in Canada.

I looked into visiting my parents but would need an exemption from the rules only if my parents were critically ill, dying, or dead. Trudeau is aiming for 75% vaccinated, so I read, and hoping for fall 2021. Good luck with that.

and if you think you can sneak in via a cruise ship COVID-19 ban on cruise ships in Canadian waters extended to 2022

We had a Sept 2020 cruise that got postponed to 2021 and then got postpooned once again until ..whenever ... by the above...
US Government has temporarily waived (President Biden signs bill to allow cruise ships to visit Alaska) the Passenger Vessel Services Act of 1886 - Wikipedia that forced the out-of-US port calls.
Theoretically those cruises can resume.

No time soon. At this point I can't even cross provincial borders to get from my home in Manitoba to my summer cabin in Ontario.

Foreigner tourism may possibly be allowed for the winter season but I doubt this summer or even fall will be possible.

Our hospitals are at capacity and we can't handle the inevitable increased usage that tourism brings (accidents, illness etc). We can't even manage our own here in Manitoba, over a dozen patients have been shipped to North Western Ontario hospitals to free up capacity.

No time soon. At this point I can't even cross provincial borders to get from my home in Manitoba to my summer cabin in Ontario.

Foreigner tourism may possibly be allowed for the winter season but I doubt this summer or even fall will be possible.

Our hospitals are at capacity and we can't handle the inevitable increased usage that tourism brings (accidents, illness etc). We can't even manage our own here in Manitoba, over a dozen patients have been shipped to North Western Ontario hospitals to free up capacity.

i am in TBay. we are aware of the terrible situation where you are. lets hope things turn around very soon. stay safe !!

Back
Top Bottom