Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get historically funky man

full.jpg

Russian belt buckle for diving USSR. Stainless steel. | eBay

Wow. How does that even work?

looks like Russia's solution to America's space pen problem. nice and simple.

My Freedom is coming! No, I'm not retiring or getting divorced.

Looking for some advice on things like how long webbing should I order for the harness, what waist buckle is easiest and most secure, etc. I plan on ordering most of the d-rings and doo-dads from Piranha but the buckle seems like something I could I either love or hate so looking for some insight. I plan on going with an Oxycheq Mach V 30# wing. Also, what cam straps do you guys like?

I will post photos to satisfy my ego as soon as I have this together.

I have been using XS Scuba Clear-Path buckles on everything for several years now and I think it is awesome.

XS Scuba Clear-Path Buckle

Glass-filled nylon, with a 316 stainless hinge pin. It is very strong, very light, very durable, and matte black in color. I had been using stainless steel buckles until 2 different incidents where I strongly felt that a barracuda was stalking me. Both time, I put my hand over my buckle and the barracuda immediately swam off. I've never had another incident like that since I switched to the Clear-Path buckles. Bonus: The Clear-Path buckle is totally quiet. A stainless steel buckle would make loud clanking noises any time I moved my rig around.

I use the Clear-Path on my doubles rig, my single tank rig, my CCR, and I made a weight belt using one.

@Eric Sedletzky

Ordered two thin SS Freedom Plates from Eric last week. Shipped UPS right away, arrived in good order.

After using the 'heavy' SS Freedom Plate our Al plates just didn't seem 'right'. And no questions or comments from other divers on the boat.

So, two new thin SS Freedom Plates to the rescue - this time with the high polish. Sure are pretty.

And the high finish polish? Probably could signal the space shuttle!

Now, off to Piranha for some colored webbing.

FP Thin shipping box.jpeg

FP Thin packaging.jpeg

FP Thin two plates in box.jpeg

FP Thin Shinny ins't it.jpeg

FP Thin in the sun.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom