the sweet spot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The other held a very vocal grudge against me for not doing my solo certificate with him - we'd only met once and when he found out I didn't do it with him he began to give me a lecture on how he doesn't take on half-baked divers. Which is when I cut it short.

Sadly, that is all too common, especially in the Tech instruction side where ego seems to be a bigger issue, it doesn't help here in UAE where there are limited options and few students so folks can get quite belligerent if they see "their" potential students going elsewhere. Sadly, it seems to be a dive culture thing here to bad mouth the "opposition", I refuse to play that game but I am also lucky that I don't do this as my primary income and can afford to be picky about who I play with.

Personally, I have found that most potential team mates and the good instructors really don't care how you got the skills and got squared away, just that you are. I actually try to encourage my students to do courses with other (reputable) instructors, there is a danger in doing all your training with one person, in that, best case scenario, you end up as a mediocre photocopy of them, bad habits and all.

Without him being more specific on his goals, I can only speculate. As you can see, he's disappeared from this thread.

I have disappeared from this thread... lol

I tried to clearly express my goals, particularly in the title.

Hoping to find that equilibrium between an enjoyable dive with as little decompression as possible - before I venture into technical diving.

We've already established that a wall dive is fine for even thirty minutes - but over here its only blue waters.

You bought it so might as well use it.
Sell it now as brand new so might get you a better price.

19kg buoyancy for a single tank dive is far excessive for warm water diving.

Look at his location. He went to bed.
Meanwhile, you've had 7 posts that don't really address where he is now (see his last post before "disappearing").

That's because I don't know where he is in his training or qualifications. And has he responded to your advice?

Perhaps we'll find out in the next installment, when his time-zone comes around again.
SB is global; it literally covers 24 time zones. You've got to put a 24h smoothing filter on the Qs and As to let everything catch up.

While I wish I did not have to sleep, turns out I do.

I am a rescue diver with nitrox certification - about 500 dives since 2005 but I stopped diving for about a decade -

You never bothered to read the first post!!!!!
Everything you had said so far was utterly based on your ignorance of OP qualification.
OW/AOW/Rescue/Nitrox 2006.
Qualifications mean nothing. I want to know his attitude.

And you can still occur deco obligations at 40m. What’s the point you are making?
This gives the OP a qualification with less than 15 min deco.

I’ve addressed issues that weren’t addressed.

15 minutes or more of deco is a deal compared to a 12 hour chamber ride. Especially on the last dive of the day. That profile( regardless of depth) should be a 60% control ascent, incrementally staged. That is called deco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom