Anyone own a canvas print shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DXHI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Would like to have a few prints developed for around the house. Would rather contribute to small business than online retailer.

Would like to have a few prints developed for around the house. Would rather contribute to small business than online retailer.
Google Photo Labs in your home town.

That should give you a list of places to use as a starting point. From there, reach out to them to see if they do canvas printing. If they do, great. If they don't, tell them exactly what you told us, that you prefer to support a local business and ask them if they know of any local labs or print shops that will do it.

Eventually, you may find a local shop that will meet your needs.

If you still are hitting a brick wall, I have used a Lab called Darkroom Unlimited in Rome NY and have been extremely happy with the results (not canvas). You might want to contact them at (315)336-9152. They are a small family run business who do outstanding work.

Try a sign shop.
No really, I’m not joking.
Most sign shops these days have gone almost completely digital. They can take artwork or photo
and print it on a multitude of surfaces including canvas (actually something more like Yupo or a synthetic canvas like material). And size wise, many can print up to 8’ or even 10’ wide depending on the machine. The inks they use are outdoor durable for years and indoors it would be a very long time out of the sun. Their pricing might surprise you too, they might be very competitive if you’re looking for something really big.
Just a thought.

I know that you want the small independent but around here, we can get it done at London Drugs. And probably even Walmart.

I did one on Amazon. It was linked back to a print shop in New York. Brick and mortar business using Amazon to get more customers. The only bad part is Amazon was the middle man taking a cut. Next time I might reach out to the shop directly. But I do like Amazon as a middle man when things go wrong, which at this time they didn't.

I did this to get a good background photo to hang behind me during all the new zoom calls. I needed it large enough to be seen. Very happy with the results. Plan to do it again.

I had this done at a sign shop! $150

B3B3A735-98A3-433B-9237-28689745DED4.jpeg

Thanks guys. Been awhile since I visited the forum. But good information here

Thanks guys. Been awhile since I visited the forum. But good information here

Let us know what you end up with please.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom