Trip Report Travel warning for San Pedro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My only contact with the Belize police, besides the occasional roadblock where they're looking for Guatemalans, was on a hike just south of Punta Gorda. I was looking for the old Radio America satellite site and came across four officers drinking beer in the back of a pickup truck. They were celebrating the departure of one of them who was on his way to the police force in Belize City. Nice guys. They offered me a beer. We solved the world's problems for about twenty minutes and then I moved on.

Yeah, they're not all like those four guys on San Pedro. Glad to hear they were disciplined.
The officers I've talked to say they get transferred a lot. They don't want them staying in one village too long and getting close to the locals.

...We admitted to not having our mask on and apologized...
LOL
Know the local laws and obey. You're not in Kansas anymore.

Why is always the Texans who refuse to do simple things like wear a mask during a global pandemic? I guess that's why there is a travel advisory warning people to avoid Texas. I tell you, when one of our flights was diverted to Texas overnight, we were very concerned about our health and safety. We stayed in our hotel room and ordered room service.

I tell you, when one of our flights was diverted to Texas overnight, we were very concerned about our health and safety. We stayed in our hotel room and ordered room service.

We Texans are glad you quarantined in your hotel room while you were here. We don't need you exposing us to some dreaded Appalachian disease. Thanks from all of us

Fwiw, we were just in Ambergris Caye in June; they weren't requiring masks on boats, or golf carts, and other than the airport, it didn't seem like they were very concerned about tourists wearing masks other places.

Of course, I agree with inquiring about the latest rules and requirements before you visit, and complying with local law.

We were in Ambergris Caye in early July. At restaurants we had to wear a mask while walking from the entranceway to a table. Masks were mandatory inside all the stores. Otherwise, we didn't wear masks--not on the dive boats, not sitting by the pool, and certainly not while driving our rented golf cart. As for the COVID-19 test to allow our return to the United States, our hotel arranged for a lab tech to come to our hotel room. It took 20 minutes; he even brought a small printer to document our COID-free tests.

Back
Top Bottom