the sweet spot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thats a good point and alas, I doubt we have any sort of deep wall dives here

the majority of 40+ are out in the ocean
Go for Nitrox 25% and take a stage with 40% for 45 metres. Then try a bounce dive using air to 60 metres for 3 minutes bottom time. Take 32% Nitrox for deco stage. Write the dive plan on a wrist slate.
MultiDeco VPM & VPM-B & VPM-B/E & ZHL GF dive decompression software for technical divers
Download the above link. It's free for so many days or longer. Although Trimix dive plans are prohibited until you pay.

Cave was my big “never.” Did intro last fall, hoping to do full this fall. Still sort of shocks me.
I met some real Australian cave divers who thumbed their nose at us recreational divers. When I finally had the courage to dive caves, the greatest concern was the signs the American divers had placed at every cave site.

Wait, what? People are always touting silence as one of the upsides to CCR, since you exhaust so few bubbles. But now you gotta deal with people talking to you??? Not so sure that's a good trade :p
If I want peace and quiet I'll do a solo dive.
Diving with my regular buddies it's a guaranteed full on muppet audio show which is also a lot of fun. :wink:

For 15mins of deco, bottom times would be in the range of 50minutes and none.

Why this arbitrary 15mins max? Sometimes there are unique one of kind things to see at 60m and its totally worth a 45min ascent in exchange for the privilege of 20mins on the bottom. You can't really say what is or isnt worthwhile deco-wise until you start to do it.

because unless its a wall decompression, a big blue decompression for more than fifteen minutes would be very boring :)

There are a number of things in diving I swore I would never do and now I find myself doing because after having tried them they feel worth the trouble. If you have never done 16 minutes of deco, how do you know you couldn't bear it? Maybe you will do 16 and feel your dive was worth it, and next time you will plan a dive with 17 minutes of deco. Like other things in diving, if you're enjoying it, you gradually get sucked in.

you're right and that may happen

hence the point of this thread

garnering input from those with more experience than me

because unless its a wall decompression, a big blue decompression for more than fifteen minutes would be very boring :)

Divers have told me they practice peeing on their buddies during deco stops (drysuits with p-valves). That’s something to keep you occupied. :rofl3:

Divers have told me they practice peeing on their buddies during deco stops (drysuits with p-valves). That’s something to keep you occupied. :rofl3:
On the other hand, some of us dive with adults.

Go for Nitrox 25% and take a stage with 40% for 45 metres. Then try a bounce dive using air to 60 metres for 3 minutes bottom time. Take 32% Nitrox for deco stage. Write the dive plan on a wrist slate.
MultiDeco VPM & VPM-B & VPM-B/E & ZHL GF dive decompression software for technical divers
Download the above link. It's free for so many days or longer. Although Trimix dive plans are prohibited until you pay.

You really should confine yourself to the AOW forums

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom