Shearwater - for the birds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scared Silly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So yesterday afternoon my local dive shop calls me about a new Perdix. Been waiting to pick one up til we had trip planned, the Galapagos. He gives me a choice on transmitter color. I pick yellow. He says he will place the order and that it should arrive by the end of the week as their shipping has been quick as of late.

Around 1pm today my dive shop calls to tell me my Perdix had arrived. Further, it was shipped from Canada. I was hmm, they must had a Perdix fly it in. To the Partridges and the gang at Shearwater - wow!

Yeah Lynn and I had funny exchange a while back. We both got a chuckle out of it cause the "pun" quickly showed our age.

So I decided to test Shearwater's shipping again. I lost my first Perdix and transmitter so I had order another one. Same process, it was ordered on a Tuesday but it arrived today, Thursday. Must have missed the afternoon Perdix fight so it took two days instead of the usual one day. I was hoping to get another yellow transmitter but the grey was back in stock. I noticed that the computer was made on 11 May so fresh off the factory floor.

Oh and if you are worried about the one I lost, it was "found" by my wife and she ain't giving it back. Especially, the yellow transmitter.

Back
Top Bottom