taxi rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gordon, We just got back after a 2 week stay..Unless something has changed, you should be good with two taxi's or 1 large van. Have a Great Trip !

Gordon, We just got back after a 2 week stay..Unless something has changed, you should be good with two taxi's or 1 large van. Have a Great Trip !
Thanks, Sue Sue.

Just a general note when riding around in a vehicle, it appears that the mask rule is still in place. Most of the visitors I know are vaccinated now and many have become lax about masks in cars. Cozumel is back in level 'Orange' and the Guardia National is enforcing mask rules. Last fall I noticed they were doing check points and roving patrols. Once while in a truck alone with the windows up and mask pulled down they motioned to me with their rifle and pointed to their mouth, I pulled my mask up and they were OK.
Yesterday they had a checkpoint at mid afternoon near Puerto Maya and we're pulling over cabs and private vehicles with unmasked occupants. They did not seem to be joking around and it looked like they were citing the drivers. Keep your masks on if you see a check point.

Just a general note when riding around in a vehicle, it appears that the mask rule is still in place. Most of the visitors I know are vaccinated now and many have become lax about masks in cars. Cozumel is back in level 'Orange' and the Guardia National is enforcing mask rules. Last fall I noticed they were doing check points and roving patrols. Once while in a truck alone with the windows up and mask pulled down they motioned to me with their rifle and pointed to their mouth, I pulled my mask up and they were OK.

Makes perfect sense. For all they knew, you weren't alone and might have had a Mexican kid duct taped and stashed in the floorboard.

Yesterday they had a checkpoint at mid afternoon near Puerto Maya and we're pulling over cabs and private vehicles with unmasked occupants. They did not seem to be joking around and it looked like they were citing the drivers. Keep your masks on if you see a check point.

Jeez now I read this. We didn't wear them at all in the car and I waived to all the gun toters. Maybe they thought I was too dumb to worry about?

They sure are not concerned with capacity restriction, regardless of who you believe Orange or Yellow.

Jeez now I read this. We didn't wear them at all in the car and I waived to all the gun toters. Maybe they thought I was too dumb to worry about?

They sure are not concerned with capacity restriction, regardless of who you believe Orange or Yellow.
I haven't met many tourists who weren't vaccinated. I think everyone realizes this at this point. I assumed it was masks but it may have been an immigration check point looking for illegal gringos. They were on the boat ramp today demanding to see passports and immigration cards. Of course no one had them but they settled with pictures of the documents

I haven't met many tourists who weren't vaccinated. I think everyone realizes this at this point. I assumed it was masks but it may have been an immigration check point looking for illegal gringos. They were on the boat ramp today demanding to see passports and immigration cards. Of course no one had them but they settled with pictures of the documents

The hit tourists in the marina for it???? Or checking crews?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom