The PADI Wheel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s singular most remarkable point-
It attained obsolescence a few moths after launch...
By the simultaneous introduction of the modern affordable computer.

For a short while, it retained relevance,
Only to teach how computers worked-
But students didn’t really care,
And since it was PADI,
it was easy to make fun of.

The "dot" has to be precise otherwise............
PADI should had kept it for their multi-level speciality course or at least for the DM course because it is so unique(their) and useful(limited). But I imagine the manufacturing cost might have something to do with it.
The "Wheel" was the only thing that I can remember from the multi-level speciality course!

Still have mine. I can use dive tables just fine, but it'd take some refreshing to use the Wheel.

The "dot" has to be precise otherwise............
PADI should had kept it for their multi-level speciality course or at least for the DM course because it is so unique(their) and useful(limited). But I imagine the manufacturing cost might have something to do with it.
The "Wheel" was the only thing that I can remember from the multi-level speciality course!

The wheel was replaced with the eRDP Multi-level calculator, an electronic version. It is easier to use, but one can’t see what is happening other than answering specific questions, entering the required data and reading the information displayed. I believe the eRDP Multi-level is still required for PADI DM via the eLearning course.

Before the appearance of smart phone with gps, map was really important to find your own way in a strange place. And you also pay more attention to the surrounding eg land marks. But nowadays I noticed most "tourists" were just looking at their mobile devices then where they were heading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom