Money on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does your bank have to support either Zellweger or VenMo? I use a credit union and they don't offer it.

My accounts are at our local credit union. I regularly send and receive money via Venmo.

PayPal is another option as well. Sending money to friends or family can be done with no charges.

I am making the now daily trek to the ATM for money to pay my dive bill, but is there an easier way? Can I go to a bank and get it all at once?

Everyone likes CASH

Why worry about transfer services when everyone loves CASH?

Some shops - Aldora - give a cash discount

Don’t want to worry about cash ‘on-hand’?

Well pay the dive op upfront

If you have a good relationship with the shop they should refund you if an unforeseen event calls you home

Cash always works

Everyone likes CASH

Why worry about transfer services when everyone loves CASH?

Don’t want to worry about cash ‘on-hand’?

Well pay the dive op upfront

If you have a good relationship with the shop they should refund you if an unforeseen event calls you home

Cash always works

Cash is bulky and unwieldy

Cash is subject to theft and loss.

Cash is antiquated technology.

I don't feel the need to impress my enemies with a big wad.

He's paying cash. He just didn't want to carry it down with him.

Cash is bulky and unwieldy

Cash is subject to theft and loss.

Cash is antiquated technology.

I don't feel the need to impress my enemies with a big wad.

Maybe not so much on Cozumel

Learn how to carry cash - never show your ‘wad’.

Seriously, you separate your ‘carry’ from your ‘bank’

Lots of places take only cash - want to have your choice of places to eat on COZ? Better have cash - pesos or dollars

Last week a number of restaurants were looking for greenbacks by offering a better than market rate for USA cashola - about 22/1 for dollars

Big boys and girls can manage a cash bankroll for quite a few weeks on Cozumel.

Small businesses on COZ always like cash

So if I want to have $1000 dollars exchanged for pesos, is the best exchange through zoom? Or should I just take $1000 cash and go to the bank there, or the daily trip to the atm?

I know the exchanges here aren’t a good value.

Maybe not so much on Cozumel

Learn how to carry cash - never show your ‘wad’.

Lots of places take only cash - want to have your choice of places to eat on COZ? Better have cash - pesos or dollars

Last week a number of restaurants were looking for greenbacks by offering a better than market rate for USA cashola - about 22/1 for dollars

Big boys and girls can manage a cash bankroll for quite a few weeks on Cozumel.

Small businesses on COZ always like cash

I so appreciate your wise counsel.
I can hardly contain myself in anticipation of the next installment.

I do carry a wad of USDs down in case of problems, then hide them in the electronic safe. Then I carry USDs and Pesos, still dealing with carrying two currencies. Next trip I'm taking two money clips as I like to keep smaller bills in those.

Call me old fashioned...or just old, but I carry cash down with me for the dive bill. They give me a cash discount and $1000 or so is not a problem to carry. it has always worked for me.

Safe travels,
Jay

Call me old fashioned...or just old, but I carry cash down with me for the dive bill. They give me a cash discount and $1000 or so is not a problem to carry. it has always worked for me.

Safe travels,
Jay

Gordon is bringing a group. Presumably paying for the group. Remember the thread about needing 2 or 3 taxis to get anywhere? I'm guessing his dive bill is a lot more than $1000. Still, if the op wanted cash I would have brought the cash and unloaded most of it to them upon arrival, up to around $5k if I was trip leader.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom