I want to be fit & trim - but HATE exercising!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I keep a bottle of water in front of me all day long. Sometimes I even open it. :rofl3:
At least 2 litres of water to stay healthy. I usually meditate with special breathing techniques to put me in a trance for hours. I need an alarm clock or my cat just screams to awaken me. Think of all the animals that are killed to satisfy man's appetite. In China they have a saying: on 4 legs we eat on 2 we don't. Eat vegetarian.

The soft serve vanilla ice cream cones from McD are only about 200 calories and very tasty. :D
But that doesn't include the hot fudge...
I'm on WW, and the hot fudge cone is a lot of points. But it works well for me to indulge in a cone rather than bring a half gallon of ice cream home.. I'll eat the whole thing in 2 sittings.. like an addiciton..

But that doesn't include the hot fudge...
I'm on WW, and the hot fudge cone is a lot of points. But it works well for me to indulge in a cone rather than bring a half gallon of ice cream home.. I'll eat the whole thing in 2 sittings.. like an addiciton..

I don’t like fudge. Chocolate yes, fudge no. I miss the strawberry sundaes McD used to have.

You're the second one to mention those empty liquid calories - soda/pop, alcohol. I have noticed that if I say 'no' to alcohol for a couple of weeks I lose a couple of pounds. And the reality is that alcohol is a central nervous system depressant, so it's not good for our mood anyway. But in the moment ... a nice glass of madeira or port is so yummy!

Also try not to drink juice, even natural juice has too many calories. If you want orange juice eat an orange , if you crave apple juice eat an .... well you get the point. Drink as much water as possible instead of anything else.

Also try not to drink juice, even natural juice has too many calories. If you want orange juice eat an orange , if you crave apple juice eat an .... well you get the point. Drink as much water as possible instead of anything else.

I gave up fruit juices (other than those with a bit of alcohol!) and soda years ago. Empty calories that I can save for other yummies instead. :)

I gained the covid 20 and i was already overweight. I heard about another lady who lost 40 lbs from leslie sansome walking workouts on youtube. I thought hmm i can do this. I can get something positive out of-this pandemic. Im retired so what else can i do. I have lost 60 lbs and gone from xl to small. I do alot of weight workouts from you tube plus walking outside or inside via a walking workout on youtube…just not Leslie sansome. I feel great. I track my food intake and always try to have a deficit. I would still like to lose another few lbs but its slow. Expensive though because i had to buy all new clothes. And im going to need a new wetsuit.

Congrats Nancy. That is awesome! What a great problem to have.. new clothes and wetsuit.
I got lucky with my weight loss. I now weigh what my kid used to, and have acquired her old wetsuits!

Sean Vigue power yoga... you will be ripped.

Can I get an amen or hell yeah!?

So I thought I'd start this thread to see how other women are working to improve fitness in this covid world. Some people find it easier to make time to work out or get outside for a hike while working from home, while others may feel so drained by the covid atmosphere that it doesn't matter HOW much time they have, their motivation is depleted and the only thing that feels satisfying is scrolling through social media. The average weight gain during covid is about 20 pounds (making it truly a near "covid-19" weight gain!). I know there are FB pages for women and diving, and women who dive and are trying to get into better shape. But why not use this space for some support, ideas, etc (fill in the blank there!).

So today I was on the treadmill, putting in my 2 miles that I really TRY to do 7 days a week (reality is usually 5), and listening to my workout playlist. The last song I listened to before finishing up was Britney Spears' "You Better Work Bitch" - and found myself substituting "you wanna hard body ..." with "you wanna climb that ladder? You better work bitch!". LOL!!! (video below)

So how can we help one another motivate to get in better shape? What are your stumbling blocks? Goals? Eat more healthy food? Have a healthier mind set? WhatEVER?

About me and my goals - I'm 60; 5' 1" and about 125-130 pounds. I'd like to be somewhere between 115 and 120. My antidepressant of choice is plain M&M's, followed closely by Whoppers - but I really try to stay away from them both because of the terrible side effects. I'm basically lazy and I have NEVER experienced that phenomenon people talk about when they 'exercise to the point of the happy hormones being released in their body'. Seriously? I'm not sure it actually happens - are they lying? Ok, I know they're not lying - but having never experienced it, and having no desire to ever work that hard, I never will. So I need to find a way to maintain what good health I have, maybe build some stronger muscles in my legs and upper body for diving, and generally maintain decent health. I'd love to be able to comfortably climb back on the boat in a 5mil, with 10 pounds of lead, with no assistance. Currently I hand up my weights and then take off my BC and hand that up too. I CAN go up the ladder - but my knees start to buckle and it scares me. I'll never wear a bikini again and look good in it - but that's not my goal. I just want to feel comfortable in my skin, not need to add more medications to keep me alive, and avoid more medical procedures ... and be able to go up the ladder in full gear without assistance.

How about you? And gentlemen, if you want to contribute please be super, super kind and encouraging. :)

I like to pair my workouts with something social. Currently, my husband and I go to a great gym after his work and then out to eat sushi.

Back in Merica, I had a GF in my neighborhood that would show up three times a week to work out in our gym and we watched a series on TV. How about a thriller audiobook? You can only listen while exercising, etc.

I am working on getting stronger now and doing a lot of weight. Try something new, I like jumping rope now.

I can always tell the days JB runs a few miles because he comes home all happy like a Labrador.

it's not that I feel soooo great the days I work out but if I miss a few days I feel like crap about myself. Go read what Huberman says about changing habits?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom